• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sound United U 30 Update (Denon X3800H / X4800H / A1H, Marantz Cinema 50 / 40 / AV 10)

davidc

Forum Donor
I'm sorry if this has been answered, but do we know for sure that DLBC will be offered as a future upgrade for the AVR-X4800H, but it's just a question of when? I ask because I am about to hit the "purchase" button for one. Thanks.

davidc

Forum Donor
If you don't have subs, you don't need DLBC, you will be fine with just Dirac Live.
Got it...but, wouldn't it just be the equivalent of having two subs at the same location of my front speakers? Or does DLBC require a separate signal to the subs? My speakers are not biampable.

ban25

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Got it...but, wouldn't it just be the equivalent of having two subs at the same location of my front speakers? Or does DLBC require a separate signal to the subs? My speakers are not biampable.
Yeah, since you're sending the full range signal to your speakers, with no crossover for subwoofers, there's no need for DLBC to integrate between subs/mains. So Dirac Live alone will correct your frequency response for the room.

davidc

Forum Donor
Audyssey starts as the bottom curve and reverses to the top at the 85Hz mark. There's quite a bit of back and forth b/w the Audyssey and Dirac curve until the 5k Hz mark, where Audyssey ends up as the bottom curve again.

I may not be color-blind but red and green are the classic colors that color-deficient folks have trouble with.

Yep. And it seems those are the default colors that people seem to use. For myself, blue and yellow are the best!

OCA

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Can anyone confirm that has been fixed? A May 2023 firmware update points to something like an upgrade from 20ms to 50ms but it's not very clear:

If that's the case, all new models have 50ms delay limit with Dirac while being left with only 17.5ms delay limit with Audyssey. Interestingly older models can still apply 20ms delay with Audyssey (yes that's what you've got by forcing Sound United to use speed of sound correctly in the newer models).

Almost no subwoofer with any kind of processing (or wireless connection etc) can be properly aligned to the rest of the speakers with a 20ms delay limit (let alone with 17.5ms). But who would care about that in a "scientific" review forum, hey!

Last edited:
Top Bottom