• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

SMSL HO200 Review (Headphone Amplifier)

Rate this amplifier:

• Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 18 7.2%
  • Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 118 47.4%
  • Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 106 42.6%

• Total voters

SurgeArrest

I think what I really wanted to ask - as of November 2022, which is the right choice SMSL HO200 / DO200 or Topping E70 / L70 - the cost is identical and features look similar with L70 being way more powerful than HO200, especially considering I want to power HE6se V2. Very little information is out there, unfortunately.

Loomynarty

I think what I really wanted to ask - as of November 2022, which is the right choice SMSL HO200 / DO200 or Topping E70 / L70 - the cost is identical and features look similar with L70 being way more powerful than HO200, especially considering I want to power HE6se V2. Very little information is out there, unfortunately.
Contrary to what random people on forums will tell you, the HE6se v2 doesn't need more than maybe 2W into 50 ohms. I can drive them on the HO200 at medium gain with plenty of volume left on the pot.

Top Bottom