• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Small Speakers for Desktop use with easy way to connect Sub

OP
B

Bucking

Hey I already did but this was kinda confusing for me since the Esi is listed without having a hpf filter but on the Esi website it's stated that it has one

waynel

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So I should go for the ESI aktiv 10s since that sub has XLR in and outs?

Cause I dont see how I could connect 8010s to the Mivoc :/
Yes , you should go with a sub that has a high pass filter and xlr outputs if you want to keep it simple. Otherwise you can replace your dac with a MiniDSP flex balanced.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Although will be fine, it would annoy me! Faced with a similar challenge, I built some cables with right angled XLRs so I could push my Topping EX5 back closer to the wall behind it...
[..]
XLR Plugs are the 3-pin version of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rustle-Profile-Connector-Microphone-Female/dp/B097161C1K?th=1

Note that with these plugs allow you to have the cable coming out at any angle. Some of the other right angled plugs are fixed or have a limited range of adjustment. The downside of these plugs is that they only accept thin cable. I had to get creative with heat shrink as the external insulation on my cable was too thick to enter the plug.
Neutrik has right angled XLR plugs which offer 8 different angles in steps of 45 degrees and accept standard microphone cables. I use them on the back of my O300Ds.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Neutrik has right angled XLR plugs which offer 8 different angles in steps of 45 degrees and accept standard microphone cables. I use them on the back of my O300Ds.
Yeah, I know, that's why I said 'limited range of adjustment'. I would have got the NC3FRX-B to replace the NC3FXX-B I was already using, but they stick out a bit more than the ones I ended up with and they would have cost me almost twice as much - I only paid £12 delivered for the pair 'Rustle' ones, Neutriks are closer £8-10 each plus shipping in the UK.

OP
B

Bucking

I've found a good deal on an Adam Sub 8. That one has a 85hz bypass like the Genelec 7040.

Would that be something to consider?

Top Bottom