• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Personal experiences with small ~4" desktop speakers and subs?

OP

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
KH 80 DSP seems like the perfect fit to me. They’re expensive, but you’re not going to find better engineering. I’d been using them for a while…until yesterday actually. I just swapped mine for a pair of KH 120 II. I’m not sure they will stay. They look so much bigger on the desk. There are also always used 1st gen KH 120.

If you want serviceable and a lot cheaper, and are willing to use a small amp, what about the KEF E301 new, or in used the older KEF 3001SE eggs, Tannoy Arena eggs, Paradigm Millenia, or the baby PSB (name escapes me).
KH80 seem like a nice option. It is very small.
Just checked and interestingly my past (3 year ago) desktop MMM measurements show also a slight peak around 5 kHz:

View attachment 319483
I don't have the measurements at the ready, but mine exhibit a huge peak, but only in one speaker.

snackiac

I have a KH80 LCR setup with two SVS 3000 micros (integrated with Audyssey XT32), and I loved it enough to get a stereo KH80 + KH750 + MA1 setup for my office. It finally feels like endgame to me after going through Ascend, KEF, and Elac.

Reactions: 617

warpdrive

Have you considered something like the Vanatoo line? They have some DSP controls built-in, and reach pretty deep for their size (passive radiators)

Top Bottom