• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[Recommendations] Wall-mounted PC speaker system, up to 1K€/$?

Jose Hidalgo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi everybody,

I'm currently designing my future PC desk setup, and besides performance, I'd like it to be as clean as possible visually. For example, the large 45" 21:9 curved monitor (3440x1440) will be wall-mounted, so no visible foot/feet, and no visible cables either: it will just 'float' over the desk.

I'd like to do a similar thing ('invisible' wall-mounting) for the speaker system.

Ideally I'd like speakers that can be wall-mounted from behind, in order for the stands/supports to be as invisible as possible. I know there are stands/supports designed for speakers to just lie on them, but I think they're a bit too visible, so I would only use them if there wasn't a better solution. In other words, while performance matters a lot, aesthetics matter too.

Main use will be music listening (I listen to a lot of music when I'm at my desk). Secondary use will be light gaming.
So naturally I would lean towards a couple of near-field active monitors.

However, I'd also welcome a subwoofer, because a couple of relatively small speakers can only go so low in frequency.
So in the end I think a 2.1 system would probably be best for me.
The subwoofer can either be included with the system, or bought separately.

Taking all that into account, what would be your recommendations for a max budget of about 1K€/$?
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you. :)

staticV3

Master Contributor
The Genelec 8010A can be wall-mounted from behind and comes in white for a cleaner look:
Screenshot_20231014-192227_Chrome.png

It's also really small:
genelec-8010a-01-N115sL1JOuJzoDK5r0_eb9AUhTpVM_NQ.jpg

Here are three wall mounts that Genelec sells for it:

I found a German retailer that sells them for 275€ each, so that would leave you with 450€ for a subwoofer.

Last edited:
OP
Jose Hidalgo

Jose Hidalgo

Thank you for a neat reply :)
A pair of 8010A would definitely fit my budget. Even a pair of 8020D would fit (sort of).
Of course Genelec subwoofers are way too expensive (nearly 800 € for a 7040A), so I'd have to find something else.
Plus in general terms I don't really 'love' Genelec's look... but hey, it's Genelec, so I guess I could make an effort. :p

With that said, are there any alternatives ?

digitalfrost

Major Contributor

Focal Alpha 65 goes down to 40hz, you won't need a subwoofer. They can be wall mounted using these fixings + adapter:

They screw into the holes you can see at the back in the review. If you want to upgrade later the Focal Sub One fits and is not that expensive.

e: I see you're located in France. In EU these speakers are even cheaper than in Amir's review only 329€. Maybe you can find even better deals inside France.

You could also think about getting the smaller 50 Evo together with the sub it's 1/3 over budget, but you got a sub.

Neumann KH 80 DSP
I also wanted to recommend these but they are way to expensive to get a subwoofer within the budget.

Last edited:
OP
Jose Hidalgo

Jose Hidalgo

Thanks for your kind replies :)

I'll have to think this through, also taking into account the total depth of the speakers + their wall mounts. I wouldn't want the speakers to be so deep that they would end up being closer to me than the curved monitor itself.

I guess I'll have to set up my desk first.
Only then will I be able to measure the distance between the curved monitor's sides and the wall.
Then I'll be able to focus on the speakers.

Regardless of the speakers, any thoughts on a matching subwoofer for, let's say, about 400€/$? Because...
Focal Sub One fits and is not that expensive.
Sadly it's more than 700 € here in France...

PS: needless to say, everything will be properly EQed in time via EAPO.

Top Bottom