• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Singxer SA-1 Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The list would be long, butt small compagnies like Intel and Qualcomm for a start
Name one consumer product from each of those brands please.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If they're using relays / FETs for doing the actual switching, then it's absolutely no problem.

Can you explain why you think so? Why would it matter to switch a DC current instead of audio signal that affect switch detoriation?

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
i wonder how many products with CE stickers were actually certified so far (not to bash China specifically, but you know what i mean...) ...
CE can be self certified. It’s not a quality seal of approval unlike the FTC seal. It simply defines the entity to be legally responsible for the item.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have imported a Flux Labs FA-12S, which doesn't have any CE markings on it, and it went fine.
CE mark is a notice for the EU consumer. If you import for personal use you are exempt. You can’t re-sell it in a EU country.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you very much for the review of amirm.
SA-1 uses op amps from TI and the transistors from ON Semiconductor.
The 4 code switches at the bottom are from ALPS.
We test every ALPS potentiometer to meet our requirements.
Thank you, and your company for allowing you interact with your customers. We are experiencing a new era in consumer audio electronics where designers talk direct to users.

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
Thank you, and your company for allowing you interact with your customers. We are experiencing a new era in consumer audio electronics where designers talk direct to users.
I second that. :D

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Dude, read slide 6 and 10 of the document you just sent me...
Please be polite. I’m not your dude, nor American.

Page 5 title says: THE VAST MAJORITY OF SEMICONDUCTOR MANUFACTURING DONE IN THE UNITED STATES IS DONE BY U.S. FIRMS.

The chart is not about US manufacturer’s market share in the world. It’s what percentage the US companies produce at home. Believe it or not there are other manufacturers that are not American…

PeteL

Major Contributor
You commented to this post, where the object was consumer electronics.
Sorry you got lost in the Plot there, go back to the discussion, I first commented on a statement that the US don't produce electronic parts, the contributor then, like you, tried to twist my words and make it about consumer electronic, I had to repeat that I was NOT talking about consumer electronics, sounds like I have to repeat it again... USA is not the largest manufacturer of consumer Electronic products, never tought that, never stated that, I don't know, if you read trough it's pretty clear what I say

PeteL

Major Contributor
Please be polite. I’m not your dude, nor American.

Page 5 title says: THE VAST MAJORITY OF SEMICONDUCTOR MANUFACTURING DONE IN THE UNITED STATES IS DONE BY U.S. FIRMS.

The chart is not about US manufacturer’s market share in the world. It’s what percentage the US companies produce at home. Believe it or not there are other manufacturers that are not American…
Sorry for the familiarity, Yes there are others, but USA is the most important, 45% of the Global market to be precise. I don't understand, I'm sure you did a bit of statistic, go to these charts, one by one, and tell me which country is the largest producer of chips.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry you got lost in the Plot there, go back to the discussion, I first commented on a statement that the US don't produce electronic parts, the contributor then, like you, tried to twist my words and make it about consumer electronic, I had to repeat that I was NOT talking about consumer electronics, sounds like I have to repeat it again... USA is not the largest manufacturer of consumer Electronic products, never tought that, never stated that, I don't know, if you read trough it's pretty clear what I say
Then I apologise.

In future maybe we can all refrain from giving short and often curt replies. We will all benefit from complete sentences when the objectives and subjectives are clearly defined in the point we are making.

Thank you for listening.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry for the familiarity, Yes there are others, but USA is the most important, 45% of the Global market to be precise. I don't understand, I'm sure you did a bit of statistic, go to these charts, one by one, and tell me which country is the largest producer of chips.
There’s nothing to understand. I was simply correcting you that USA is no longer by any margin the largest semiconductor manufacturers as you said in your post.

About being important; you may have read that US has recently lost the IC miniaturisation crown to a Taiwanese foundry, or Intel no longer the leader in CPUs.

zachery2006

The good thing is I have both Topping and Singxer products: E30, Pre90, SA-1 and Sda-6 pro(just ordered). Oh as well as Gustard A22. :):)

H-713

Can you explain why you think so? Why would it matter to switch a DC current instead of audio signal that affect switch detoriation?

Minor contact oxidation is much less of a concern when switching 5V DC (or higher) as opposed to 100 mV audio signals. That's not to say it can't still cause an issue (it can), but it's much less common. When the switch contacts in the audio path get oxidized, you end up with intermittent connections, gross channel imbalances, extremely high distortion, etc.

PeteL

Major Contributor
There’s nothing to understand. I was simply correcting you that USA is no longer by any margin the largest semiconductor manufacturers as you said in your post.

About being important; you may have read that US has recently lost the IC miniaturisation crown to a Taiwanese foundry, or Intel no longer the leader in CPUs.
Who is the largest semi-conductor manufacturer in the world?

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Minor contact oxidation is much less of a concern when switching 5V DC (or higher) as opposed to 100 mV audio signals. That's not to say it can't still cause an issue (it can), but it's much less common. When the switch contacts in the audio path get oxidized, you end up with intermittent connections, gross channel imbalances, extremely high distortion, etc.
Understood. Thank you.

Top Bottom