• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A5 and A8 announced

mdsimon2

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The blind test?

Not yet as I don't have a speaker switch box. I did listen to the A8 all week and it sounded pretty good but I swear it sounded "softer" or more "blurred" than the Hypex somehow. Although I was also getting over COVID this week so it probably wasn't the best time to be doing critical listening. :) Next step is to get a speaker switch box and see if what I thought I heard was real or just my imagination.

Michael

ObjectiveSubjectivist

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Not yet as I don't have a speaker switch box. I did listen to the A8 all week and it sounded pretty good but I swear it sounded "softer" or more "blurred" than the Hypex somehow. Although I was also getting over COVID this week so it probably wasn't the best time to be doing critical listening. :) Next step is to get a speaker switch box and see if what I thought I heard was real or just my imagination.

Michael
That's also my feeling.
A8 is a bit soft sounding not as sharp as clear as for example SMSL da9.
Also bass is focused more on the mid bass.
I prefer da9.

mario_rouge

That's also my feeling.
A8 is a bit soft sounding not as sharp as clear as for example SMSL da9.
Also bass is focused more on the mid bass.
I prefer da9.
I also had the da9 and now I own two Sabaj A8. Perhaps because my speakers have low sensitivity and require many watts but I find the presentation of the Sabaj sound is infinitely better.

ObjectiveSubjectivist

Forum Donor
I also had the da9 and now I own two Sabaj A8. Perhaps because my speakers have low sensitivity and require many watts but I find the presentation of the Sabaj sound is infinitely better.
My speakers are also not so sensitive. It's 88db and 6-4 ohms.
But power reserve from da9 was enough for.my room and listening volumes.

And the presentation with da9 feel more 'transparent' I like vocals a lot more, they don't have that fake body and added warmth. They feel more breathy, open and direct.
Alas the difference is really not that big.

pickyAudiophile

Any news on the new A20a 2022?
No.
I don't understand their approach with that 2022 series in general. Will they leave us with amps which do not offer any sort of tone control any longer, without displays, with analog volume control again (step back from NJW1194 electronic control of 2020 series) & altogether non-bypassable volume control ?
Will there be headphone amps again?
We just don't know.

Last edited:

Toku

Major Contributor
Which IC chip of Infineon do you think the new 2022 A10a is using?
I took a closer look at Infineon's IC list and I suspect I'm using the MA5332MS.

Toku

Major Contributor
It's a bit old, but it's a problem with the Sabaj A8's power supply voltage setting.

The power supply voltage of the ICEower 125ASX2 used in the A8 is switched by switching the jumper of P200 (115V) and P201 (230V).
Use at 115V -------> P200/Close & P201/Open
Use at 230V -------> P200/Open & P201/Close
Connect like.

However, the Sabaj A8 always closes P201 and opens/closes only P200 with the voltage selector switch on the back panel. With this, the power supply voltage cannot be switched correctly. Due to this, it became a product that does not work in the Japanese market of 100V.
To solve the problem, P201 must also be opened / closed in conjunction with the voltage selector switch.

Attachments

• 125ASX2.png
    125ASX2.png
    904.6 KB · Views: 207
  • sabaj-a8.jpg
    sabaj-a8.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 277

ObjectiveSubjectivist

Forum Donor
So here it is:

Bleib

Major Contributor
Ok price. But need more info

ObjectiveSubjectivist

Forum Donor
I wish there was version with remote volume control and 1rca and 1xlr input stereo input.
So I could connect dac via XLR and turntable with RCA.

peterwen

Audio Company
  • Germany Infineon's latest digital high-power amplifier chip has higher quality,
  • high efficiency and low energy consumption;
  • Bluetooth 5.0 reception, longer transmission distance, better sound quality!
  • It can be BTL into a single-channel amplifier with higher power to drive large
  • speakers. Or set it to subwoofer mode to drive passive subwoofers.
  • Built-in low-pass circuit, in subwoofer mode, the low-pass cutoff frequency is
  • adjustable from 70 to 200Hz to match different main speakers.
  • All aluminum alloy CNC processing technology, using anodizing technology,
  • fine workmanship, first-class touch;
  • A large number of audiophile-grade audio components are used to enhance
  • the subjective sense of hearing;
  • High-quality gold-plated input and output terminals;
  • Perfect overheating, overcurrent and other protection circuits;
  • Built-in audio dedicated high-quality switching power supply

Toku

Major Contributor
As I expected the other day, the chip used was the Infineon MA5332MS.
I already have two AO200s and a PA3, but I have no choice but to buy this product.

Enkay25

• Germany Infineon's latest digital high-power amplifier chip has higher quality,
  • high efficiency and low energy consumption;
  • Bluetooth 5.0 reception, longer transmission distance, better sound quality!
  • It can be BTL into a single-channel amplifier with higher power to drive large
  • speakers. Or set it to subwoofer mode to drive passive subwoofers.
  • Built-in low-pass circuit, in subwoofer mode, the low-pass cutoff frequency is
  • adjustable from 70 to 200Hz to match different main speakers.
  • All aluminum alloy CNC processing technology, using anodizing technology,
  • fine workmanship, first-class touch;
  • A large number of audiophile-grade audio components are used to enhance
  • the subjective sense of hearing;
  • High-quality gold-plated input and output terminals;
  • Perfect overheating, overcurrent and other protection circuits;
  • Built-in audio dedicated high-quality switching power supply
These seems definitely on my buy list.

Can more details about measurements be available?

Is a multichannel amp like say 7channel/8channel etc can be a future product? I want such amps for my HT.

Thanks in advance.

Bleib

Major Contributor
Is this device quiet during operation. I hear that a8 makes a noise when it's on... But not through the speakers but the device itself

Toku

Major Contributor
A20a 2022 was officially posted on Sabaj's HP. At the same time, A20a and A8 have been discontinued.

In addition, the A300, which seems to be a sibling model of the A20a 2022, was posted on the SMSL website. This seems to be a product that is paired with the DAC D300.

MCH

Major Contributor
A20a 2022 was officially posted on Sabaj's HP. At the same time, A20a and A8 have been discontinued.

In addition, the A300, which seems to be a sibling model of the A20a 2022, was posted on the SMSL website. This seems to be a product that is paired with the DAC D300.
So it seems that the Sabaj has adjustable low pass filter but not high pass filter and the smsl has both low pass and high pass but at fixed frequencies. We are almost there :D

tom_tom

A300 with good build in DAC and auto-on would be fantastic.

Top Bottom