• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A5 and A8 announced

antcollinet

Master Contributor

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If I would guess the A8 is based on the popular 125ASX2, power specs are close.

OP
antcollinet

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Ugly as sin though with that big plastic toggle on the front. Might not be so bad if there is a black colour version.

And the tiny input (stereo/mono bridge) switch on the back looks pretty fragile.

OP
antcollinet

antcollinet

Master Contributor
if you need a lot of power it could be very useful

Exactly. For around £400 plus import/vat, I could get 270W into 8Ω stereo.

Quality/reliability and performance still to be worried about though. Looking forward to measurements and teardown when someone sends one to Amir.

Last edited:
OP
antcollinet

antcollinet

Master Contributor
The A5 doesn't look interesting at all. Only 25% lower price, for less than half the power and no bridge mode.

Further the two RCA inputs seem to be selected again by that tiny switch on the back. Doesn't look robust enough for regular switching between two different analogue sources - unless the switch can also be made from the remote.

Drengur

Forum Donor
Ugly as sin though with that big plastic toggle on the front. Might not be so bad if there is a black colour version.
I mean, you are not wrong, but I kind of like how it looks. I hope there is a loud sound when I flip that switch on the front, and I might do some wiring to make the lights flicker a bit, for immersion.

Could it be the 50asx2 and 50asz2BTL?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If I would guess the A8 is based on the popular 125ASX2, power specs are close.
And A5 is probably based on 50ASX2.

maty

Major Contributor

Vict0r

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hahaha that funky power toggle on the front. I don't mind it. Looks like someone had fun with the design.

Drengur

Forum Donor
I would like to note that I own the SMSL A8, which has the 125ASX2. Sabaj and SMSL are sister-companies are they not? Perhaps they share some aspects of the design, although the SMSL A8 is an integrated with a DAC, sub out, EQ, etc. Archimago did a review of the A6, and it is has the 50ASX2.

Toku

Major Contributor
I was hoping for new devices and ideas only for the latest amps, but I'm a little disappointed with the ICEpower 125ASX2 and 50ASX2.

Walter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thank dog for the handles. They will make it so much easier to move around. ;)

Top Bottom