• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sabaj A30a announced

CyBorek

Thank you for providing the information about the difference in sound quality.
But what I want to know is how the internal processing of the D30a works.
The digital input of the AXIGN AX5689 chip supports 44.1~192kHz 32bit, but it is unknown what kind of signal is actually input.
The resampling processing of ASRC/DIR and the operation of the 8ch ADC part of the FB input part are also unknown.
I would like to know where the 44.1kHz frequency response is made.
I am not sure what is the outcome going to the speakers sampling, but A30a correctly shows resolution of the source signal.
IMG_20221105_090717.jpg

webberJ

I don't know the heat generation of the Harman Kardon Citation, but I think it's the same as the A30a because it has the same configuration as the amplifier chip I'm using.
The A30a generates more heat than a typical Class D. It is similar to the heat generation situation of 48V voltage AIYIMA A07, Topping L30/L30ll, DENON DFA-100/PMA-50/PMA-60 full digital amplifiers. However, even if the heat generation is large, it is not at a level that will be an obstacle. However, when I touch the main body case during the midsummer season, it feels quite hot.
Hi @Toku, I have a PMA-60. Was wondering is the A30a a major upgrade in sound quality?

Toku

Major Contributor
Hi @Toku, I have a PMA-60. Was wondering is the A30a a major upgrade in sound quality?
I have not purchased and used the PMA-60 myself, but I have purchased the same DENON DRA-100 network receiver and have been using it for a while.
The amplifier section of the DRA-100 is the same DDFA full digital amplifier as the PMA-60, and although the output is larger, I think the sound tends to be the same. Both cases are similar in that the heat generation of the case is large.
The DRA-100 had a lot of problems with the firmware and I didn't like the constant crashes so I sold it.

In my opinion, the sound quality of the A30a has clearly evolved from DENON's DDFA. In particular, the lack of energy in the bass, which was dissatisfied with the DDFA, has been improved with the A30a.
DENON's DDFA has a smooth and beautiful sound, but the bass energy was a little weak. This may be a problem with the internal power supply. Sound quality is just my subjective opinion.

After the PMA-60, the PMA-150 was released, but due to many problems, production was immediately discontinued.
DENON's PMA-50/PMA-60/PMA-150H/DRA-100 are all equipped with DDFA's full digital amplifiers, but all of them have resulted in disappointing results.
It seems that there is a problem with the heat dissipation design and malfunctions occur frequently.

webberJ

I have not purchased and used the PMA-60 myself, but I have purchased the same DENON DRA-100 network receiver and have been using it for a while.
The amplifier section of the DRA-100 is the same DDFA full digital amplifier as the PMA-60, and although the output is larger, I think the sound tends to be the same. Both cases are similar in that the heat generation of the case is large.
The DRA-100 had a lot of problems with the firmware and I didn't like the constant crashes so I sold it.

In my opinion, the sound quality of the A30a has clearly evolved from DENON's DDFA. In particular, the lack of energy in the bass, which was dissatisfied with the DDFA, has been improved with the A30a.
DENON's DDFA has a smooth and beautiful sound, but the bass energy was a little weak. This may be a problem with the internal power supply. Sound quality is just my subjective opinion.

After the PMA-60, the PMA-150 was released, but due to many problems, production was immediately discontinued.
DENON's PMA-50/PMA-60/PMA-150H/DRA-100 are all equipped with DDFA's full digital amplifiers, but all of them have resulted in disappointing results.
It seems that there is a problem with the heat dissipation design and malfunctions occur frequently.

Thanks for the input.

GiBo61

It is quite scaring that companies like Denon and Harman Kardon have not been able to solve the heat dissipation issues of ther full digital amplifiers. I'm afraid that the Sabaj A30a is not an amplifier that we will bequeath to our grandchildren

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It is quite scaring that companies like Denon and Harman Kardon have not been able to solve the heat dissipation issues of ther full digital amplifiers. I'm afraid that the Sabaj A30a is not an amplifier that we will bequeath to our grandchildren
Class D (D doesn‘t mean digital) have less of a heat problem than Class AB - let alone class A. The mistake HK made was thinking that meant they could put it into an enclosure that was too small with too little ventilation. I”m not familiar with the Denon amp you are referencing, so can’t comment on that.

Don’t make the mistake of thinking design errors from one manufacturer apply to any other just because they are using the same class of amp.

GiBo61

Class D (D doesn‘t mean digital) have less of a heat problem than Class AB - let alone class A. The mistake HK made was thinking that meant they could put it into an enclosure that was too small with too little ventilation. I”m not familiar with the Denon amp you are referencing, so can’t comment on that.

Don’t make the mistake of thinking design errors from one manufacturer apply to any other just because they are using the same class of amp.
Apparently the digital feedback loop used by Axign and similar technologies somehow significantly increases the amount of heat that need to be dissipated in a class D amplifier. The presence of a fan in the HK Citation Amp, the Sabaj A30a and the SMSL SA400 and VMV A2 is a clear indication of that. Hopefully, the Sabaj's metal case will help dissipate heat.

daclogic

Have I got this right – the firmware updates are Windows only? No Mac? Really?

FCloG

I have a problem to update the FW.
When i am to the step 5 : 5 ) Operation according to picture show. File → Open →Select the firmware you want to update “IAP_A30a_XXX.hex”, then wait for the program to load the firmware, this process takes about 30 seco
I have not IAP_A30a.... just 8 files MM32F031....

Toku

Major Contributor
I have a problem to update the FW.
When i am to the step 5 : 5 ) Operation according to picture show. File → Open →Select the firmware you want to update “IAP_A30a_XXX.hex”, then wait for the program to load the firmware, this process takes about 30 seco
I have not IAP_A30a.... just 8 files MM32F031....
what is MCU_FW ?
I rewrote the A30a MCU firmware update process to make it easier to understand.
The MCU is like a CPU that controls the operation of the A30a, and the MCU's firmware is the file that determines its operation procedure.

Prepare for update

Unzip the update file "SABAJ_A30a MCU_FW 220928.zip" downloaded from HP.

"IAP_A30a_1v12_b1.hex" in the unzipped folder "SABAJ_A30a MCU_FW 220928" is the setting file to be specified in the update work.

Furthermore, unzip "ISP_PC_EN.zip" in the folder.
"ispV2.4.exe" in the unzipped folder is the update tool.

start update

Please turn off the power switch on the back of the A30a before starting the update process.
Remove the USB cable connecting the A30a and the PC.

Click "ispV2.4.exe" to start the update tool.

Click File in the upper left corner of the screen, then click Open.

On the screen for specifying the installation file, specify "IAP_A30a_1v12_b1.hex" in the first unzipped folder "SABAJ_A30a MCU_FW 220928" and click "Open" at the bottom right.
Wait 30 seconds for the update tool to prepare the files for deployment. At this time, there is no change on the PC screen.

After 30 seconds, connect A30a and PC with USB cable.
Turn on the power switch on the back of the A30a while pressing the dial knob on the front panel. Release the dial knob after 5 seconds.
At this time, the A30a screen remains off and nothing changes.
"Disconnect" is displayed at the bottom left of the PC screen.

If this operation results in a normal screen appearing on the A30a's display, try the operation again.

Then click the "handshake icon" at the top right of the PC screen.
Then, "Disconnect" at the bottom left of the screen changes to "Connect".

Click "Start a program" displayed near the center left of the screen.

The firmware update process will begin and you will see flow text on the right side of the screen indicating the progress of the process.

When the update is complete, "Complete" will be displayed, the A30a screen will light up, and it will operate normally.

The update is now complete.

Attachments

• A30a FW-1.jpg
    A30a FW-1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 146
  • A30a FW-2.jpg
    A30a FW-2.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 139

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi,

I'm thinking of buying new speakers to combine with the A30a.

This is the Focal Chora 826 model. On one site it is mentioned that the announced impedance of 8 ohms goes down to 2.8 ohms.

My question: will the A30a have the capacity at this impedance?

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Apparently the digital feedback loop used by Axign and similar technologies somehow significantly increases the amount of heat that need to be dissipated in a class D amplifier. The presence of a fan in the HK Citation Amp, the Sabaj A30a and the SMSL SA400 and VMV A2 is a clear indication of that. Hopefully, the Sabaj's metal case will help dissipate heat.
Still lower heat dissipation than an equivalent class A or AB. The reason for the fans is down to putting in too small an enclosure (and/or poor thermal design) for natural convection to cool the electronics.

FCloG

the update went well but now I have a problem with the bluetooth. !
I listen to music for two days with bluetootn of my phone there was no problem and since the maj impossible to listen to music, yet my phone connects well but no sound.
I unpaired my phone and started all over again but nothing !
I try with my pc and there' s no problem.... I don't understand !

HARMAN

Hi,

I'm thinking of buying new speakers to combine with the A30a.

This is the Focal Chora 826 model. On one site it is mentioned that the announced impedance of 8 ohms goes down to 2.8 ohms.

My question: will the A30a have the capacity at this impedance?

Same Qustion with LS50 META

FCloG

after several tests the bluetooth of the phone works but only in aptx hd and no longer works in Ldac ?
do you have the same problem on your amp after the update?

ModDIY

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I consulted the STA516BE document, these are the output MOSFETS. We have one chip per channel, it's in PBTL, they are to operate at 2 ohms (Not the case of a BTL, stereo). So >2 it's correct, we won't have the maximum power because you'll be limited by the voltage, smps and radiator... well, I don't worry, also controlled by the Asign

Top Bottom