• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RIP Onkyo..

cavedriver

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I don't see any point in buying any Onkyo product just for amplification or two channel listening. I have two Onkyo receivers that I'm using for surround processing and if you can get a 7 or 9 channel unit for under $250 I would consider it, but anything else, especially anything more than about 3-4 years old, is really just a nostalgia purchase or if you are tech savvy, a buy/repair type scenario. I have a local repair guy that's good with sourcing some stuff, and I would think it's viable in the US at least to buy a spare used unit because I see a lot of them on craigslist going for next to nothing, but it really is that- a budget sideways solutions that you can make work if you track the details and figure what's best to get.

Top Bottom