• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Onkyo TR-NX696 cuts off tv sound. Is this common?

morehops52

Just got the Onkyo 696 and among other annoyances is that if the tv is playing thru its own speakers the sound reverts totally to the receiver as soon as it goes to tv mode. I personally love to be able to play each set of speakers individually or mixed together. I've read reviews on a Yamaha that said it was doing the same thing. There was some idea that the chips had a "flaw" in their design and that the same chips were being used across multiple brands. I hope someone can shed some light on this and also is anyone can recommend a comparable AV unit will let me keep my tv sound. It might be helpful to know that I am a 70 year old newbie who is bewildered at all of the new technology. Thanks for any enlightenment.

Top Bottom