• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Review and Measurements of Schiit Mani Phono Stage

Clos -I'm not sure the SYS is going to be transparent other than reducing output -while the input impedance of a SUT is critical -unfortunately in somewhat the opposite way (capacitance) so is the output into a MM input from a SUT ? Despite dealing with it for 50+ years -I still get a headache everytime I try to reason my way thru anything to do with the goofy way we EQ audio off of records. I remain puzzled by the many positive reviews of the Mani : 1.) I've never run a LOMC thru mine . Is the MC section amazingly better than the MM ? 2.) I bought the multi-voltage "octopus" power supply from Schiit and that's all I've used with the Mani. Is it possible that the cheaper stock supply that usually comes with the Mani sounds better ?