• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Review and Measurements of Oppo UDP-205 UHD Player

Wombat

Major Contributor
I replied to Oppo's email asking if I would verify my email address, thus establishing continuing interest in the UDP-205...this occurred in May.
Well, evidently, no $1299 Oppo for me. :(
I have little interest in the current exuberant prices and will exercise patience. My understanding is the UDP-205 is not especially --

wait for it -- rare. :cool:
Just as the sun rises each morning, the Oppo players will be rolled over to Ebay as they are replaced by a new highly desirable toy.

I use my old PAL/NTSC OPPO DV-980H recorder/player for my small number of SACDs. It also does CD, DVD Audio/Video, HDCD, X-vid, Div X, Kodak Picture, DSD, DTS, Dolby Surround EX, 7.1 surround or other if needed.. Lots of inputs and outputs .

A Panasonic PAL/NTSC DMR-BWT760 4K Blue-ray recorder/player for USB, DVD(All regions after post-purchase authorised mod(no charge) by a Panasonic service center), Blue-ray(Region locked) and LAN/WiFi networking server/client.

A Yamaha player for most CD playing.

Nothing special but they cover my needs. A 205 would be nice, even a 105, but I can wait.
sloth_40_anim_gif.gif

Top Bottom