• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Revel F228 woofer

CJPopovich

Bought some F226's, my cat Steve knocked something into one of my woofers and Harman sent me the wrong replacement. F226 woofers aren't available right now (covid supply chain issues) and they apologized and told me to keep the 8" woofer. I'm torn between making a small mid-bass/computer sub thing for my wife but thought I'd offer it up here in case anyone has a need, as I know how I feel with my dented cone. Part number is 3SPKW08SR16104, can post pics with serial number and show she's brand new and all that jazz on the long shot that someone here needs one.

Best reasonable offer, my price was 288.25. Like I said, I can do something with the woofer, but if someone has a real need that would be a better use of a driver of this caliber.

Chris

OP
C

CJPopovich

We have 2 cats, Walter and Steve. Walter is a sir. Very emotional, comes when called, greets us at the door, plays chase with my wife, fetches, when I got injured stayed by my side for a while. When my wife had an accident he literally got fat simply hanging out next to her, would not leave her side. Walter did, once, knock over my NHT's but he's been a wonderful animal.

Steve is more like a barnyard animal. Less social, more like a normal cat, but.... great company for Walter. We love him, he's a sweetie, but he's more like Walter's pet, extremely mischevious and always getting into something. We could call him "get down Steve" as we're constantly on him to stop whatever it was he thought he was doing, not to mention the small little minor thing about STEVE JACKING UP MY REVELS WHICH I AM STILL MILDLY CRANKY ABOUT.

In all seriousness, attached are a couple pics. Details on the Revel woofer, and to make the picture complete, Walter and Steve. Walt is the Balinese with blue eyes, Steve is the poop that is responsible for my bent woofer. I could post pics of that too but I don't want to give anyone else anxiety. FWIW I think the woofer is a F228BE woofer, not sure if same as F328BE.

Attachments

• IMG_1338.jpg
    IMG_1338.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1339.jpg
    IMG_1339.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_1340.jpg
    IMG_1340.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1341.jpg
    IMG_1341.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_1342.jpg
    IMG_1342.jpg
    432.6 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

walt99

Forum Donor
Bought some F226's, my cat Steve knocked something into one of my woofers and Harman sent me the wrong replacement. F226 woofers aren't available right now (covid supply chain issues) and they apologized and told me to keep the 8" woofer. I'm torn between making a small mid-bass/computer sub thing for my wife but thought I'd offer it up here in case anyone has a need, as I know how I feel with my dented cone. Part number is 3SPKW08SR16104, can post pics with serial number and show she's brand new and all that jazz on the long shot that someone here needs one.

Best reasonable offer, my price was 288.25. Like I said, I can do something with the woofer, but if someone has a real need that would be a better use of a driver of this caliber.

Chris
They sent you the wrong one, told you to keep it and charged you for it , is that correct?

Elk

They told you to keep it AND charged you for it, no return nor refund? That's unbelievable and very troubling. I hope this isn't the new Harman under Samsung ownership. Or were you told they would send you the correct woofer when they are restocked?

OP
C

CJPopovich

No, I apologize for the lack of clarity.

The initial order, someone gave someone else at Harman the wrong part number. They charged me for, and shipped, the wrong part number. That is the 8" woofer I have now, and it was $288, a fact I mention to give a general frame of reference of street price.

Once I received the woofer and identified it as the wrong one, after a couple of phone calls Harman did the following:

1: They refunded the $288 charge
2: They asked me if I could use the woofer for anything, I figured maybe a project or something could be cooked up.
3: They told me to keep the woofer at (now) no charge.
4: They told me the woofer I need for my F226BE won't be available until October-ish.
5: They told me that the woofer I need will be mailed to me at no charge due to the long wait.

So Harman was awesome, they're a little difficult to get ahold of call and email wise, but they certainly didn't have to waive the cost of the new woofer, and I would have expected to return the old woofer to them, but it was cool they gave it to me for free.

Posting here, it was my intention to let it go to someone who may need it, at some price (significantly) under the $288 normal cost. It has SOME value to me as a project, but it would have MORE value to someone who needs it, and as I was "given" it, I'm inclined to help someone else out who needs it, i.e. actually has a damaged F228 woofer and wants to swap it out quick cheap & easier than going through the whole normal Harman process. Or someone who just wants a spare JIC. Something like that.

It was also my intention to Blame Steve for all this mess, but I think that part came through fine.

Chris

nerdoldnerdith

Maybe you could send it to someone to have the T/S parameters measured. It'd be nice to know what Revel is putting into their flagship stuff.

eriksson

Forum Donor
Hold your horses gentlemen!
The op hasn't posted any verifiable data about the alleged crime Steve is supposed to have committed.
No photographic evidence from the crime scene. No paw prints from the "something" that supposedly damaged the Revel speaker. And the only witness testimony we have is clearly biased by Steve's alleged prior bad behavior.

It's unclear if careful investigation took place to begin with and if other possible suspects have alibi. It's not even clear if Steve has been provided capable lawyer! Oops, perhaps not scientifically relevant... :facepalm:

This is highly respectable scientific forum - let's not turn it into a zoo by jumping to conclusions.

OP
C

CJPopovich

haha! Steve supports getting a lawyer and more cat treats.

RE: ts spects: I have a dayton DATS. Could measure it with that.

Top Bottom