• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Revel C52 Speaker Review and Measurements

Krunok

Major Contributor
As fas as I now it this a free and open forum, if you don't like what I am posting just don't read it.

I was asking an opinion from @DDF about phase EQ (which Toole didn't ever mentioned in his book) , so I kindly ask you again to stay away from this discussion.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I was asking an opinion from @DDF , so I kindly ask you again to stay away from this discussion.
Again, this is an open forum if you just want the opinion of only one and not others, use the PM function.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I was asking an opinion from @DDF about phase EQ (which Toole didn't ever mentioned in his book) , so I kindly ask you again to stay away from this discussion.
You can create your own thread on the topic , it's a open forum if you want private chat use the conversation feature.

Krunok

Major Contributor
I'd Remind you all again , new topics equals new threads .

And no that's not in Toole's book but it's still a thing .

I also believe phase EQ is a thing, that's why I want to discuss it - but he is bubbling nonsense about EQ-ing FR and qouting unrelated stuff from Toole's book in a silly effort to look smart. That's hardly any valuable contribution to a discussion, but if you think that is ok - well, it's your forum..

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I also believe phase EQ is a thing, that's why I want to discuss it - but he is bubbling nonsense about EQ-ing FR and qouting unrelated stuff from Toole's book in a silly effort to look smart. That's hardly any valuable contribution to a discussion, but if you think that is ok - well, it's your forum..
You can disagree with someone, to seek to shut down their right to post in a open thread is beyond your mandate as a member. Frustrating as it might be at times you can't control discussion here that way.

If you feel a Member is not of any value to you put them on the ignore list.

Krunok

Major Contributor
You can disagree with someone, to seek to shut down their right to post in a open thread is beyond your mandate as a member. Frustrating as it might be at times you can't control discussion here that way.

If you feel a Member is not of any value to you put them on the ignore list.

Very true, that is beyond my mandate as a member. I can only kindly ask him to restrain himself from the discussion things that are obviously beyond his competence, and that is what I did. I can accept that even that was out of line regarding forum rules.

But you, as a moderator, can do more than kindly ask him. In my opinion you actually should do that, as few more posts like that can undermine any serious discussion and that hardly contributes to the community.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
My response was very on topic as it directly answered the question why your anechoic measurement with room EQ filter for LP active didn't look nice as well.

You may not understand this or disagree to the answer, but writing just personal condescending comments like above or trying to make me shut up doesn't make your point better, in contrary.

(Moderator edit, I'm not to be used for point scoring. cheers)

Last edited by a moderator:

Senior NEET Engineer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Not that I generally disagree with your points but If speaker would require to be placed 10+ feet from the rear wall very small number of living rooms would satisfy that criteria.

Sorry, I meant the wall behind the listener.

BYRTT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Are you alright share hor/ver txt files or complete zip folder for this beautiful speaker and performer @amirm , there is CEA2034 and PIR files in first few post of thread but think it looks the neat zip folder hang on was established in review number six of KH 80. If you busy take your time to answer here or if you alright share but busy may i then ask MZKM if he has a copy :) for info also the Klippel calibration reference in JBL Control 1 Pro from first review and NHT Pro M-00 from second review looks also miss hor/ver files or complete zip folders but guess they bit less interesting as C52 is :)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Are you alright share hor/ver txt files or complete zip folder for this beautiful speaker and performer @amirm , there is CEA2034 and PIR files in first few post of thread but think it looks the neat zip folder hang on was established in review number six of KH 80. If you busy take your time to answer here or if you alright share but busy may i then ask MZKM if he has a copy :) for info also the Klippel calibration reference in JBL Control 1 Pro from first review and NHT Pro M-00 from second review looks also miss hor/ver files or complete zip folders but guess they bit less interesting as C52 is :)
Sure. Just resized the graphs and put in the full spin data. When I get time I will do it for older reviews as well.

ggsantafe

Just ordered a NIB C52 on eBay this morning - in part based on Amir's detailed measurements. Replacing an Aperion Grand Verus III center and will be interested in observing differences and hopefully significant center channel improvement.

TimVG

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@amirm Would it by any chance be possible to generate a 'beamwith' graph for this speaker?

GabrielPhoto

I may have found a local selling one. Will this still be a top choice over the Monolith 365c, rc263, Kef RC2 and pretty much anything under $2000?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I may have found a local selling one. Will this still be a top choice over the Monolith 365c, rc263, Kef RC2 and pretty much anything under $2000?
I don't see how you could possibly be disappointed.
If the price is right, grab em up.

blazen2150

between these 2, would you say the performance is about even?
Does the c52/208 attract attention to itself, or does it do an excellent job of wide dispersion?

Attachments

• Acrobat_2024-04-01_02-56-05.jpg
    Acrobat_2024-04-01_02-56-05.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 15
Top Bottom