• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Replacing The Manufacture’s Jumper Bar

ta240

Major Contributor
I mean in one sense we don't have a theory for gravity so much as an observation of how it works. Do we need special tests to convince someone that if we drop something it will fall to the ground absent any special conditions like say an airplane?
Technically, since up and down are relative does it so much fall as just get pulled towards the ground? :p

ta240

Major Contributor
temp.jpg

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Technically, since up and down are relative does it so much fall as just get pulled towards the ground? :p
Our inner ear evolved in the presence of gravity on earth. It tells our brain which way down is. The direction of greatest gravitational pull. So subjectively it falls though objectively it gets pulled.

D

Deleted member 48726

I'm with you on this one bud, I've replaced the solid, shit-tier jumpers with OFC jumpers on every pair of speakers I've owned for the last two decades. The ones I typically use have banana plugs on one end and spades on the other so that one set of binding posts are left open for your actual speaker cables.

Like so:

View attachment 307865

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm with you on this one bud
Are you somewhere in Germany? I feel this would be worth it to verify or rebuke in a blind test.
I firmly believe this can't be heard, so it would be interesting to come up with a method to test it first, then do the tests, then one of us has to yield. :)
Grilled meats and beer could be involved.

Travis

So damped rather than dampened?
I think the beef is with Crown when they started publishing the “dampening” factor of their amps and others followed.

When they they change to damped-ing factor, so will I.

Dougey_Jones

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Are you somewhere in Germany? I feel this would be worth it to verify or rebuke in a blind test.
I firmly believe this can't be heard, so it would be interesting to come up with a method to test it first, then do the tests, then one of us has to yield. :)
Grilled meats and beer could be involved.
I wish, friend. I’d show up for the grilled meat and beer, and be happy to be proven wrong. Alas, I live in sunny Scottsdale, AZ.

bleepbloop

Just found this thread... I was thinking about buying a pair of Jamo C97 II, I still may. I watched a video GR Research did on a pair of bookshelf Jamo's and the jumpers did indeed have some resistance. He saw the issue during anechoic testing and then measured 2.84 ohms of resistance in a jumper! Crappy jumpers can make a difference, watch at about 11 minutes in, the video is called: "Micca RB42 and Jamo. A Tale of two speakers! Cheese or no cheese?"
:

D

Deleted member 48726

Just found this thread... I was thinking about buying a pair of Jamo C97 II, I still may. I watched a video GR Research did on a pair of bookshelf Jamo's and the jumpers did indeed have some resistance. He saw the issue during anechoic testing and then measured 2.84 ohms of resistance in a jumper! Crappy jumpers can make a difference, watch at about 11 minutes in, the video is called: "Micca RB42 and Jamo. A Tale of two speakers! Cheese or no cheese?"
:
He can keep his cheese. Don't trust him.

bleepbloop

He can keep his cheese. Don't trust him.
I'll measure the jumper myself if I buy the C97 II. I have watched quite a few of his videos on making better crossovers for many different speakers, seems to know what he's doing. I trust him, but to each their own.

bleepbloop

The only way a jumper of the construction typically used could measure 2.84 ohms is if it is not connected properly, or has a resistive coating.
I agree, seems impossible in such a short span with any type of electrically conductive metal. I am still going to measure myself if I do buy the C97 II's.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'll measure the jumper myself if I buy the C97 II. I have watched quite a few of his videos on making better crossovers for many different speakers, seems to know what he's doing. I trust him, but to each their own.
Don't forget to use the correct measurement method for a low resistance (account for test probe resistance) and make sure you have a zero resistance connection to the jumpers.

D

Deleted member 48726

I agree, seems impossible in such a short span with any type of electrically conductive metal. I am still going to measure myself if I do buy the C97 II's.

So. -Do we think Jamo has accidently used the worst possible barely conducting material for their speakers.

OR

Is the well known snake oil salesman trying to sell something by polishing his results a bit.

Tough one..

Top Bottom