• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Replacing a pair of KEF iQ3 with what?

Beave

Major Contributor
I’m considering replacement for a reason: One of the units has been toppled off its stand a while ago, and exactly that unit was the one, my cute little granddaughter chose to poke a nice dent into the uncovered driver cone just last week.

I think I will re-run my room-EQ system. Maybe it is able of compensate any disadvantages caused by the dented driver cone.

Besides: Checking and comparing specs I realized that I wasn’t aware that my KEF iQ3 is said to have a 16 inch/165 mm Uni-Q driver. A quick ruler measuring seems to show only 130 mm instead. Strange ...

Driver size is commonly measured as the diameter of the frame edge, not just the driver itself. Then maybe rounded up too. Marketing people love doing it that way because it makes all drivers seem bigger than they really are.

OP
Golf

Golf

Did a new measurement. The left channel shows quite nicely how the high frequencies are suffering from the dent :facepalm:

Dented-Values.jpg

Top Bottom