• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Replacement pads for AKG k371

RHO

Major Contributor
Can you post the link to the cable replacement you bought? Does it make a significant difference?
It makes some difference but doesn't remove all the mechanical noise from the cable. I think the HP construction is partly a culprit here.
It got this one.

PuX

so out of the options available on amazon, is Dekoni Choice Suede the only decent one to preserve the sound?
it's really far from the original, which I would prefer to avoid changing the sound.

btw, the original pads lasted me less than a year, since July 2022, now the inner circle is getting undone, I can see the foam. it's a K361BT, I am assuming the pads are the same in the lineup.

sharock

Do any of these replacement pad options improve the seal, making it less position sensitive?

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Feelas

I'll probably have to drop-in the replacement pads sooner than later, wondering between Dekoni Choice Suede and Brainwavz Ovals. Are the Ovals also made from PU which will flake in like 2-3 years?

Feelas

Bumped a question to US Harman Pro, got an interesting answer.

Good Day,

We currently do not have ear cushions for these units.

These are in warranty replacement only.

Earpads being under warranty, I'd believe these would get rejected as improper usage. In any case, I'll see if I can get them to feel guilty enough to pass to Project Managers that they should start selling them, no high hopes though...

PuX

I also wrote to support and they asked me to call them, for some reason to a US phone number.

MCH

Major Contributor
after 2 years and 2 months of very light and gentle use, the time has come.....
is ordering from the US those 50$ dekoni pads the only decent option as of today or is there something else decent? was any of those no name options at amazon tested and ok?
thanks

PS: i am quite disappointed with the durability of the stock ones, had i thought about it within the 2 years warranty, i would claim it to amazon.... there isn't really any excuse for this.
1693241989479.png

MCH

Major Contributor
You can contact AKG support and purchase replacement pads from them.
The part number is EAK 5125515-00.
Back in 2022, one ear pad cost 10,12€
Bad luck...
Screenshot_2023-08-29-12-54-41-61_e307a3f9df9f380ebaf106e1dc980bb6.jpg
And turns out audiopro.de does not have them. But they do have many other for other AKG headphones. Is there any other akg model that is pad compatible with k371? K141 look similar...

jk-hp

Do any of these replacement pad options improve the seal, making it less position sensitive?

I had this issue when I first got mine, seal was very finnicky. Also the drivers pressed on the outer concha (antihelix) part of my ears which became very painful after a few minutes. I swapped to the angled oval Brainwavz pads, the PU leather version. Not only does the memory foam seal very reliably, including with my glasses on, but the angled shape got the drivers off of my ears so the upgrade in comfort was huge.

To be honest I didn't use them for many hours with the stock pads because it was too painful but I can say that they sound great with the angled pads, and after swapping I did not notice any large change in the character of the sound quality. Still that terrific Harman tuning that I love about them. It definitely didn't cause some ridiculous boost to the low end like I see on some of these graphs. Whatever the difference is, it's mostly unnoticeable to me.

sharock

I had this issue when I first got mine, seal was very finnicky. Also the drivers pressed on the outer concha (antihelix) part of my ears which became very painful after a few minutes. I swapped to the angled oval Brainwavz pads, the PU leather version. Not only does the memory foam seal very reliably, including with my glasses on, but the angled shape got the drivers off of my ears so the upgrade in comfort was huge.

To be honest I didn't use them for many hours with the stock pads because it was too painful but I can say that they sound great with the angled pads, and after swapping I did not notice any large change in the character of the sound quality. Still that terrific Harman tuning that I love about them. It definitely didn't cause some ridiculous boost to the low end like I see on some of these graphs. Whatever the difference is, it's mostly unnoticeable to me.
Thanks.

I've been trying to sell my K371 and nobody seems interested at half the price of a new pair!

These pads are on sale right now so I'll give them a try.

Feelas

You can contact AKG support and purchase replacement pads from them.
The part number is EAK 5125515-00.
Back in 2022, one ear pad cost 10,12€
What region are you in and which supplier responded that they have it? Looks like a very useful information to have.

staticV3

Master Contributor
What region are you in and which supplier responded that they have it? Looks like a very useful information to have.
I got the part number and price from oratory1990, who presumably contacted AKG Austria.

MCH

Major Contributor
unfortunately, as you can see in my post #50 above, AKG does not sell parts directly for "professional" devices like the K371 and redirected me to their professional devices dealer/sales partner in germany that does not have them listed and didn't answer my request. I contacted a second AKG professional equipment service that also redirected me to the same dealer that doesn't answer.
If anyone knows of a dealer that sells them in another european country, i would appreciate the information.

It would be good to know before the purchase that in this case the "professional" on the name means something, and the consequences it has for the buyer.....

Feelas

Those 5125515-00 do show up in Google (albeit from some obscure Japanese shops) so they do exist as separate parts... AKG, what the heck is this even?

undeakyetonde

Those 5125515-00 do show up in Google (albeit from some obscure Japanese shops) so they do exist as separate parts... AKG, what the heck is this even?
Hey, thanks, managed to snatch a pair before they went out of stock. This is indeed ridiculous, it should not be that hard to acquire stock replacement pads, especially when they are only good for a year.

sharock

Just received the Brainwavz pads today. It has fixed the seal issue! I can finally enjoy these headphones properly without worrying about moving my head a nanometer.

I'm using the Oratory EQ based on his measurements with the oval pads which I think are different to the angled oval pads? Guess it'll have to do unless someone measures them.

MCH

Major Contributor
unfortunately, as you can see in my post #50 above, AKG does not sell parts directly for "professional" devices like the K371 and redirected me to their professional devices dealer/sales partner in germany that does not have them listed and didn't answer my request. I contacted a second AKG professional equipment service that also redirected me to the same dealer that doesn't answer.
If anyone knows of a dealer that sells them in another european country, i would appreciate the information.

It would be good to know before the purchase that in this case the "professional" on the name means something, and the consequences it has for the buyer.....

Ok guys, i have good news and bad news.

The good news is that the dealer to which AKG forwarded me eventually answered, (asking for the serial number of the headphones... are you kidding, after 2 years you think i still keep the box??) and after some insistence they finally redirected me to a shop in Belgium (easyRepair.be) that sells the pads, hurrah!!

Now the bad news....
1. they will not be sent until end of October
2:

1694612664616.png

* the package is one single pad, so the price you see is for two pads. **I am in Luxembourg, so if you are in Belgium, you might be able to scrap a couple of euros from the shipping cost, if you are not in Belgium, i don't think it can get better than this....

Now i am torn, i paid 80 euros for the headphones in Amazon.de, of course it was a good offer, but paying 52.86 euros for the pads, goes a bit beyond my Schmerzgrenze...

Reactions: PuX

MCH

Major Contributor
more good news, only for people living in Finland ans Sweden. Searching this slightly different reference than the one shared a few post above, seems that this shop also has them in stock and at a more reasonable price. They don't ship to other countries unfortunately (unless i understood wrong):

1694613590287.png

Reactions: PuX
Top Bottom