• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AKG N40

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
So I have had a pair of these floating around the bottom of a drawer for quite a while. Found them in a bit of a tidy up so gave them a try with some fresh tips. I have had them several years and IIRC got them on an Amazon Warehouse bargain (well, compared to RRP anyway, not compared to modern IEM prices).

Colour me surprised but they sound pretty good. A bit too much low end but nice and detailed, easy to listen to.

I have never seen any half decent measurements of them but suspect they may be AKG in Harman mode (released after the K3003 but I think before the very compliant N5005)

Anyone ever heard them, seen any measurements or have anything to add? They are very compact and light and with the right tips are a dream to wear.

Lost gem or overpriced stinker ?

@amirm I definitely do not have the original tips but any interest is measuring this approx 7 year old curiosity?

@Sean Olive am I right and are these one of the earlier goes at hitting/ trialling the IE target?

Top Bottom