• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Replacement pads for AKG k371

ngs428

1BDB9469-285D-4627-9C87-2D88DE440D35.jpeg
I have been wearing them most of the morning. I waited a month to get the blue pads from China. Like I said, fit may be a challenge if you have a larger head with this thicker pad.

But they look damn nice.

RHO

Major Contributor
View attachment 190060I have been wearing them most of the morning. I waited a month to get the blue pads from China. Like I said, fit may be a challenge if you have a larger head with this thicker pad.

But they look damn nice.
You picture inspired me to try to get the lip on the pads seated correctly.
With some effort I succeeded. This looks much better!

ngs428

You picture inspired me to try to get the lip on the pads seated correctly.
With some effort I succeeded. This looks much better!
Yeah, it does take a bit. Some use a guitar pick. I didn’t have one so I cut a triangle shaped piece out of a milk jug in the size of a guitar pick and worked my way around.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 190060I have been wearing them most of the morning. I waited a month to get the blue pads from China. Like I said, fit may be a challenge if you have a larger head with this thicker pad.

But they look damn nice.
I was interested in the blue myself, and it does look very good. Thank you for posting. If I get around to trying the angled pads I'll let you know how that fits.

Hamster

The Brainwavz Sony pads will not fit? They seem as thin as the ori pads.

Hamster

Screenshot_20220421-230035.jpg

They do fit, according to the Brainwavz official compatibility list.

usersky

Forum Donor
I installed the Brainwavz oval pads on my k371.. while they fit well, the foam compresses much less than the stock pads which made it tough to get a good fit. The headband, for me, did not seem to want to go wide enough so the pads are tight at the top against my head and a lot less tight at the bottom. YMMV, but yes not many options..
That unevenness of the fit (top tighter, bottom loose) makes k371 head band mecanism such a bad idea, even with original pads it's just bad design.

RHO

Major Contributor

Adahn

Just feeling the need to point out the absolute insanity of not making available even replacement pads for a headphone with replaceable pads released just a couple years ago. Shock and disbelief. Remember when it was hyped and compared to the 770?

I got pairs of the 770 almost 30 years old, looking and working like brand new. My less than 2 year old k371 is already in the trash.

amarsicola

Forum Donor
Just feeling the need to point out the absolute insanity of not making available even replacement pads for a headphone with replaceable pads released just a couple years ago. Shock and disbelief. Remember when it was hyped and compared to the 770?

I got pairs of the 770 almost 30 years old, looking and working like brand new. My less than 2 year old k371 is already in the trash.
True. My 371 is getting old quite rapidly, pads are scratched as well as the arch.
Frequency response is perfect but I would have paid few bucks more to get better quality.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yep, they cook your ears too.

Hydrav

My K371 pads are starting to get torn up, and now I learn you can't even buy stock replacement pads? Gotta say, starting to feel the only thing positive about the K371 is the sound. Build quality is terrible.

Don't know if I should get some new pads or just buy a pair of Beyer DT770 Pro 250 ohms...

Last edited:

RHO

Major Contributor
My K371 pads are starting to get torn up, and now I learn you can't even buy stock replacement pads? Gotta say, starting to feel the only thing positive about the K371 is the sound. Build quality is terrible.

Don't know if I should get some new pads or just buy a pair of Beyer DT770 Pro 250 ohms...
The build on the Beyer is better, but I don't like the stock pads on it. They are too shallow for me.
I actually don't have an issue with the build on my K371. At this moment I have Brainwavz pads on it. But I don't think it's an actual upgrade. They are certainly not bad but I have no real problems with the stock pads either.

Hydrav

The build on the Beyer is better, but I don't like the stock pads on it. They are too shallow for me.
I actually don't have an issue with the build on my K371. At this moment I have Brainwavz pads on it. But I don't think it's an actual upgrade. They are certainly not bad but I have no real problems with the stock pads either.

Did you get a later release? There were lots of reports of QC issues with the K371, perhaps they have ironed them out afterwards.

I read earlier that we need to pay toll on the brainwavz pads here in europe, so I ordered some cheap ebay ones from china instead.

I was considering these more expensive sheepskin pads, but I didn't know about the quality.

The main issues I've had with the K371 is
1) the cable is incredibly microphonic which is annoying.
2) the headband adjustment is too loose, keeps coming out of the set adjustment.
3) the build quality seems cheap and flimsy
4) ear cups feel slightly too small.

I really like the sound though.

Feelas

2) the headband adjustment is too loose, keeps coming out of the set adjustment.
I remeber some in the net have reported that if you remove the AKG stickers from speaker turning joints, there should be a screw that you can tighten, but I didn't do that myself yet. Google around maybe? Probably voids the warranty though.

RHO

Major Contributor
Did you get a later release? There were lots of reports of QC issues with the K371, perhaps they have ironed them out afterwards.

I read earlier that we need to pay toll on the brainwavz pads here in europe, so I ordered some cheap ebay ones from china instead.

I was considering these more expensive sheepskin pads, but I didn't know about the quality.

1) the cable is incredibly microphonic which is annoying.
3) the build quality seems cheap and flimsy
4) ear cups feel slightly too small.

I really like the sound though.
I bought them 02-2021.
Yes, you pay a little fee on the Brainwavz. The quality is quite good. I bought these. Oratory1990 has an EQ for them. He measured a pair with these pads on them.

1) I do agree that the cable is microphonic. That's why I bought a replacement on AE.
2) I read that quite frequently. I do not have this issue on mine.
3) I think it's quite OK. I've seen much worse on similarly priced headphones.
4) That's the main advantage of the Brainwavz pads. They are deeper. My girlfriend does not have any issue with the stock pads. So it depends.

Yep, they do sound good.

Hydrav

I remeber some in the net have reported that if you remove the AKG stickers from speaker turning joints, there should be a screw that you can tighten, but I didn't do that myself yet. Google around maybe? Probably voids the warranty though.

Thanks, I will try it. At this point I don't care about the warranty.

I bought them 02-2021.
Yes, you pay a little fee on the Brainwavz. The quality is quite good. I bought these. Oratory1990 has an EQ for them. He measured a pair with these pads on them.

1) I do agree that the cable is microphonic. That's why I bought a replacement on AE.
2) I read that quite frequently. I do not have this issue on mine.
3) I think it's quite OK. I've seen much worse on similarly priced headphones.
4) That's the main advantage of the Brainwavz pads. They are deeper. My girlfriend does not have any issue with the stock pads. So it depends.

Yep, they do sound good.

Can you post the link to the cable replacement you bought? Does it make a significant difference?

Maybe if I do the headband screw trick, buy brainwavz pads and cable replacement I can turn the headphones into a pair which don't annoy me.

Top Bottom