• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Im gonna place my new toy here and i hope not to hurt so many feelings :p
Best headset for gaming in existence so far. For music i can still use my E1DASG3 (But Im not finding it necessary).
Using oratory1990 HD800S Dekoni fenestrated parametric EQ (works better when new pads are used) and NOS filter.

English is not my first language but i can try to answer some questions.
Clever!

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
@Berwhale is there a way for me to Save / Load a Profile Settings for each IEM? If so how?

Thanks
Select a Unused Custom slot. Enter your EQ/PEQ filter data and then long press the unused custom title box and a save menu will pop up for you to enter the custom title name and enter the IEM (Impeadance and Sensitivity information (optional))

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@Berwhale is there a way for me to Save / Load a Profile Settings for each IEM? If so how?

Thanks
Yes, just save to different Custom slots...

1680864790293.png

You'll have to select the correct PEQ profile each time you change IEMs as there is no way for the Q5K to know what you have plugged in.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Im gonna place my new toy here and i hope not to hurt so many feelings :p
Best headset for gaming in existence so far. For music i can still use my E1DASG3 (But Im not finding it necessary).
Using oratory1990 HD800S Dekoni fenestrated parametric EQ (works better when new pads are used) and NOS filter.

English is not my first language but i can try to answer some questions.

Welcome to ASR! That's some heavy modification of some rather expensive headphones. I think I would have tried to find a way to mount the Q5K parallel to the headband, perhaps with some cable ties around the headband, to avoid making permanent modifications to the HD 800 S. It's also possible to source HD 800S plugs if you want to avoid soldering the wires permanently...

SirTuto

Welcome to ASR! That's some heavy modification of some rather expensive headphones. I think I would have tried to find a way to mount the Q5K parallel to the headband, perhaps with some cable ties around the headband, to avoid making permanent modifications to the HD 800 S. It's also possible to source HD 800S plugs if you want to avoid soldering the wires permanently...

Yes that was my fist idea and i buy those 0.5m cables that have that exact connector.
But more and more i open the hd800s more i thought "this headphones are made to pass the wires from here to here, and what i only need is la little incision here" :D
I love this headphones, they are my daily use and this modification was understanding that i want to keep it for life.

I can't wait for DACs with Wifi UPnP to make this size. I can see more modifications in the future.

ngs428

I am having issues reliably connecting the App to the 5K on my iPhone 13. The 5k connects fine via Bluetooth and to connect via usb I just unplug and replug the cable and it will connect.

But the app just has issue connecting. Sometimes clicking on device - connection - connect will work. Most of the times not. Then I sit there closing the app turning off the 5k, then back on.

Anyone else have this issue or it it just user error on my part?

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
I am having issues reliably connecting the App to the 5K on my iPhone 13. The 5k connects fine via Bluetooth and to connect via usb I just unplug and replug the cable and it will connect.

But the app just has issue connecting. Sometimes clicking on device - connection - connect will work. Most of the times not. Then I sit there closing the app turning off the 5k, then back on.

Anyone else have this issue or it it just user error on my part?
Just hit remove device and as soon as that completes a new connection pop up will appear. Click it and done.

SiW

Finally got one as they are only £112 from Scan on eBay. Love the flexibility and app!

Have it running dual connection and can use the BT from my TV (via optical TX unit) and my iPhone so can still use the app for EQ.

For the money seems very good value.

Even though it doesn’t measure the best its other functionality makes up for this. So maybe measurements aren’t everything?

Do I still need my desktop DAC/amp combo of Fiio K7??!!

Mokal

Hey, Anyone using the included microphone with this product? Is it really quiet for you also, when connected to PC via bluetooth.

AnyColorIWant

Longtime lurker, first time poster- I’ve been trying to figure out a way to connect my TV (LG C1 with optical, RCA, and headphone out) to the 5K via the 5K’s USB-C port. Has anyone managed to do this, and if so, what did you purchase to make it happen?

Only suggestion I’ve seen thus far is the Apple USB-C to 3.5mm cable since it’s supposedly bidirectional and doubles as an ADC, but this didn’t work, unless I missed something in the 5K’s settings.

Atanasi

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Longtime lurker, first time poster- I’ve been trying to figure out a way to connect my TV (LG C1 with optical, RCA, and headphone out) to the 5K via the 5K’s USB-C port. Has anyone managed to do this, and if so, what did you purchase to make it happen?

Only suggestion I’ve seen thus far is the Apple USB-C to 3.5mm cable since it’s supposedly bidirectional and doubles as an ADC, but this didn’t work, unless I missed something in the 5K’s settings.
Does your TV even support USB DACs, or Bluetooth? Based on this info, an optical-to-Bluetooth transmitter like Fiio BTA30 Pro should work.

AnyColorIWant

Does your TV even support USB DACs, or Bluetooth? Based on this info, an optical-to-Bluetooth transmitter like Fiio BTA30 Pro should work.
USB DACs, no, but I could take the optical out or RCA from the TV into a DAC with optical/RCA input. Still leaves me in a bind though as I’d need to connect it to the 5K. The TV has Bluetooth but the latency is noticeable, even with the higher polling rate enabled on the 5K. I’m mainly looking to use the 5K solely for EQ.

staticV3

Master Contributor
I’ve been trying to figure out a way to connect my TV (LG C1 with optical, RCA, and headphone out) to the 5K via the 5K’s USB-C port.
The only way to do this is something like TV -> Toslink -> Hifime UT23 -> Raspberry Pi -> USB -> Qudelix.

The Raspberry is key. You need a USB host device.

Top Bottom