• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

PS Audio Talking Smack About Amirm

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Is cooking turkey in a pizza oven a Seattle thing?
No, it is a Tuscany thing. You use open fire to cook many things in the oven. We have done pulled pork, brisket, whole salmon, many vegetables, etc.

It is probably most practiced in LA area. I have been to a number of high-end restaurants there where they cook fish, ribs, etc. in their woodfired ovens.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

Biblob

Addicted to Fun and Learning
No, it is a Tuscany thing. You use open fire to cook many things in the oven. We have done pulled pork, brisket, whole salmon, many vegetables, etc.

It is probably most practiced in LA area. I have been to a number of high-end restaurants there where they cook fish, ribs, etc. in their woodfired ovens.
The taste coming from baking food in a woodfire-oven is amazing. I'm in love with my local Italian pizzeria who has one.
I can only imagine how a whole chicken would taste like.

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry, but I had to :p:D

1598692146072.png

Last edited:

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I'm jealous. It's impossible to get them as fresh in the contiguous US.

Is that right? I thought they'd grow them in CA. (just looked it up and for you, it's Hawaii) Well, you guys get a whole lot of good chit that doesn't grow here, so I guess we are even. You got bears, we got snakes, spiders, and lots of sharks. :p

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
By the way its not the first time he gets personal in his YT channel, he did that to a very good bluetooth and headphones tester and got a nice reply, (just from the start of the video):

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
By the way its not the first time he gets personal in his YT channel, he did that to a very good bluetooth and headphones tester and got a nice reply, (just from the start of the video):

Pink noise is really good in making quick comparisons... listening directly between the Neumann KH120s and JBL LSR305s with some pink noise, you can immediately tell that the LSR305 is the lesser speaker of the two -- grainy and grating even after I've massively EQ'd most of the resonances away, not to mention significantly shelving away the HF. I'm not saying I hate the 305s... but I can definitely tell the quality and clarity of these monitors overall is much lower in comparison to the Neumann.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
We should do in a scientific way a calzone with truthan meat and pinnaple? Maybe some chillis? For shure some “röst aromen“ from open fire.

Mhhhhh? ;)
Edit says: Imagine the roasted truthan meat mixed with that jusy pinnaple, that smoked aroma mixed with that cross pizza teig( sry dont know the right translation) and a littel hot chillis.
Uhhps sry. ;)

Last edited:

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Indeed, you have no chance against faith and dogma.

Right. It's hard to change peoples' minds who have been trusting manufacturers for 20 years or more for their knowledge about audio and who have been spending lots of money based upon what they tell them.

Brand loyalty and the cognitive dissonance that results from considering how much money they might have wasted leaves a lot of people very entrenched in those beliefs. The Paul's and the Jason's only have to work a little bit to keep their trust. They just have to make the objectivists the bad guys, or in Jason's case, make it that the objectivists don't have it quite figured out right.

q3cpma

Major Contributor
Right. It's hard to change peoples' minds who have been trusting manufacturers for 20 years or more for their knowledge about audio and who have been spending lots of money based upon what they tell them.

Brand loyalty and the cognitive dissonance that results from considering how much money they might have wasted leaves a lot of people very entrenched in those beliefs. The Paul's and the Jason's only have to work a little bit to keep their trust. They just have to make the objectivists the bad guys, or in Jason's case, make it that the objectivists don't have it quite figured out right.
Or more simply: "it's easier to fool someone than to convince him he's been fooled". Not that I really care, all of this is just a symptom, not a cause.

virtuovice

Forum Donor
Brand loyalty and the cognitive dissonance that results from considering how much money they might have wasted leaves a lot of people very entrenched in those beliefs.

Have seen 'cognitive dissonance' bias used a few times incorrectly on ASR. Think the accurate bias for what you're describing is 'choice supportive bias'. Or we can simply say 'cognitive bias', that works.

Dodo974

I'm living now and born at Réunion Island. We have one of famous variety of pineapple (Victoria Ananas) in culture here. Personnally I have my-self some plants in my garden. It's like anything on the world, you have to test, to eat or whatever and in the end you have compare to something else. No body have the best ever pineapple or music measurement because science evolving each day and each people have specific taste on food or music or something else. I'm my-self a bio-chemistryer researcher and I can't claim by my-self, I'm "the most famous biochemistryer in the world" ! We need proof, comparaison and discussion with people over the world. Personnally, I think this forum is excellent for scientifically compare some music stuff available in the world. The final choice is your's !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom