• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Picture 1 cropped and upscaled from picture 2 using AI resize and sharpening tools in On1. I'm impressed.

(EDIT - sorry - wrong upsized picture to start with - now it is the one upsized with On1.)

P6080166-Resize (1).jpeg
P6080166 (3).jpeg

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If you decide to go to France someday and you rent a car, you should know that there are no borders between France and >> United-Kingdom ( you take the tunnel under the Channel Sea ) Spain, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg and Italy... You just cross the border...
When I go to Spain (1 hour from where I live) I cross the border at 130km/hour.
In Deutschland you can drive on the motorway at 200km/hour...even more. Good if you drive a Porsche...
In some American borders, no one gives a turd whether you arrive doing the back-stroke or with a family of 4, as long as you got no papers...
On the other hand, if you cross our borders legally; you shall be critically scrutinized, because papers cause [wellll....] paperwork!
In American highways, you can drive any speed you want to; however,if you get pulled-over [wellll...] that creates paperwork, which can be very expensive!
The best U$D money-bet is to drive like bat-out-of hell and if you get pulled over [wellll...] have zero paperwork!;)

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In some American borders, no one gives a turd whether you arrive doing the back-stroke or with a family of 4, as long as you got no papers...
On the other hand, if you cross our borders legally; you shall be critically scrutinized, because papers cause [wellll....] paperwork!
In American highways, you can drive any speed you want to; however,if you get pulled-over [wellll...] that creates paperwork, which can be very expensive!
The best U$D money-bet is to drive like bat-out-of hell and if you get pulled over [wellll...] have zero paperwork!;)
That! was a very true observation of the US authorities culture.
The more Kosher you are, the more hassle they give you.

Keith_W

Major Contributor
1686677147279.png

Kalbarri National Park, Western Australia.

1686677221321.png

I had dinner in a "family" restaurant which reminded me of Australia in the 70's. I didn't think they still existed. Unlike the USA where there is one dominant beer that everyone drinks (Bud Light), each state in Australia has its own favourite brand. In Western Australia it is Swan Draught or Emu Export. This restaurant favoured Carlton Mid which isn't that popular. Regardless, cheap Australian beer is still better than American beer which tastes like beer flavoured carbonated cordial.

1686677334295.png

Inside of the restaurant. A$29 = USD$20. Prices were quite reasonable considering the massive serve of food you received.

1686677463705.png

One of the billabongs in Kalbarri National Park. "Billabong" is an Australian term for a stagnant pool formed by a river. It was an awfully hot day and I went for a swim. The water tasted slightly salty and a bit like tea with a hint of rotting leaves.

Last edited:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Where I live (I'm in the Midwest) there are several beers that are popular, and Butt Light isn't one of them.
The neighbor's wife just brought home a surprise dachshund puppy.
He be not happy but can't say "Take her back!" to da-wifey. They already own Fritz the local friendly cat.
I am trying to get him to retaliate by demanding that the puppy be named:
202306_Schlitz.png

He likes the idea of 2 pets named "Schlitz & Fritz"...
I told him that, few weeks later, he can start calling the puppy her name w/o the letter "L" in it.:eek:

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor
It was an awfully hot day and I went for a swim. The water tasted slightly salty and a bit like tea with a hint of rotting leaves.

Stop complaining, the crocs like it that way :)

Fahzz

Forum Donor
Schlitz was the nectar of my youth. Funny thing is that locally made Narragansett, now trendy, was considered swill back in those days.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
this
Schlitz was the nectar of my youth. Funny thing is that locally made Narragansett, now trendy, was considered swill back in those days.
Wasn't Schlitz considered the working man's drink of choice"

The chances of a RollingRock beer drinker having lived in or around Pennsylvania is very high!
"33"
202306_RollingRock.png

The chances of a Coors beer drinker having lived in the Western states is for a very good reason.
202306_Coors.png

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I was thinking of Rolling Rock when I read the Naragansett post. :)
(having grown up in B-more -- the land of, among other things -- Natty Boh)

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Taking care of sharks in New-Caledonia ( Nouvelle-Calédonie ) a French Island located close from Australia.

Last edited:

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Capture d’écran 2023-06-15 à 10.38.14.png
New Caledonia, is a French Island, near Australia.

Top Bottom