• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Are you experiencing "seller's remorse" yet?
I took 180 pounds of electronics directly to the recycling center and I did not even ask for a receipt!:confused:
De-contenting feels better than anticipated!
180 lbs! Was there a dead plasma TV involved?

Particularly during covid lockdown, selling stuff on *Bay kept me sane, and I made sure to do a lot more selling than buying!

As for seller's remorse, I try not to think of this as a loss of prized possessions so much as a gain in potential.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
180 lbs! Was there a dead plasma TV involved?
Zero DOAs but they still went to that proverbial morgue.
Equal amount have transferred owners but mostly for joy of giving rather than financial gains.
Then, just today, I sold my unused WXC-50 that I had posted here (Dec. 20232) and had forgotten about.:)

Last edited:

Keith_W

Major Contributor
Since the end of the pandemic I have gotten rid of 10 carloads of stuff from my house. Old clothes, books that I don't read, old appliances I don't use any more, two old rugs in storage, a lot of empty boxes. Even after doing all that I still feel as if my house is cluttered. Need to get rid of even more!

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Despite best of intentions, at least three new-to-me film cameras have entered my life in 2023 to date, so now I've got a renewed urge to offset the new by selling off a like or greater number of existing cameras. Me and film cameras: I've gotten pretty good at buying fixer-uppers cheaply and restoring them, but it's too labor-intensive to be a great moneymaking venture, they're not entirely maintenance-free, and I'm feeling that I "need" maybe a half-dozen of the things, tops, but must have 20+ as we speak.

(Below) What was sold to me as junk is now a working camera once again, though I invested many hours in the restoration.
Salyut-S 800x600.jpg

Pending *Bay auctions include a Sony Sports Walkman and a first-generation Apple iPod. Have not made the product photos for those yet.

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Lacanau.jpg

The beach at LACANAU, Atlantic Ocean, France... ( looks like a beach in Florida, with the stairs... )

Last edited:

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
1687635445125.png

Mavericks surf spot

nobodynoz

Airbus secures record order for 500 A320 aircraft with Indian low-cost airline IndiGo announced on Monday (June 19th), the largest volume contract ever in civil aviation. The airbus A320 is built since 1986.
Every time I go - with my wife - to Nantes or Paris (45mn flight) we take an Airbus A320.
The planes are assembled in Toulouse France (Headquarters : 28000 employees) one of my daughters is working there in the offices....and they are also assembled in Hambourg Germany and Tianjin China.

Last edited:

nobodynoz

IMG_4746.JPG

The restaurant I like the most... "PUB DEL MAR"....1,8 km from where I live - by the Mediterranean Sea. The second floor is a BAR.
with my iPhone 6s

Last edited:

Keith_W

Major Contributor
1687945011674.png

Australian Model Expo in Melbourne last week. There were hundreds of scale models on display. Some were competition models, some were club displays and not for judging. Wooden ship models is the type of modelling I indulge in, and this was the display of my club - Ship Modellers Society of Victoria (SMSV). Sadly, it is a dying club. When I first joined, 20-30 members would meet each month. These days only 4-5 show up. The gentleman in red is the current President, and he is a surprisingly sprightly gent of > 90 years old. I go to another club as well, the Eastern Suburbs Scale Modelling Club which has a much more healthy attendance - about 40-50 members visit a month. Nearly all of them make plastic models though.

Top Bottom