• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
347264013_631020822225516_6208799174202541814_n.jpg

Let the debates and flame wars begin!
So true!
A burger shouldn't resemble a meat ball.
I have ended up making my own burger press, as I couldn't get a 6 inch press or bigger! I like them thinner but wider.
So I fashioned a 6 inch cake-sandwich tin, and made a 6" burger press.
Good mincemeat, a touch of salt and black peeper and ofcourse dried onions, that's all.

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Le "Bombé" bleu... (the blue Bombé, the impossible challenge !) France.
Subtitles in English.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
202305_SailGP.jpg

Some silly sport called SailGP!
Do the math yourself: Wind speeds @25knots << while boat speeds top 40knots! Don't forget to add the fudge-factor for pedal-power.
Da real Blue Bomb!
-----------------------------------
ADD: How fast do SailGP boats go? The F50s are one of the fastest racing classes in history, with a predicted top speed of 52.2 knots (96.6 km/h, 60 mph); the current F50 speed record, achieved by the France SailGP Team at the Range Rover France Sail Grand Prix in 2022, stands at 53.96 knots (99.94 km/h, 62.10 mph). These go-fast cats cost north of $6Million per copy!

Last edited:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
So true!
A burger shouldn't resemble a meat ball...
Let the debates and flame wars begin!
I'll play:
In some societies, slapping [What do you call a cow w/no legs? >>] ground-beef on a grill is akin to blasphemy!
The equivalent of our 'bland burger' is usually mixture of moo-meat, along with some oink-meat, which nears the constituents of our 'meatloaf'. *Variations include the use of ground lamb or chicken.
I wish NOT to refer to it as 'meat ball', which may incite more debates/flames.;)

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I, too, learned the hard way that a flat patty of ground beef (minced beef, to some of our friends) shrinks up into a ball shape. When I was young, we had a cafe that always made hamburgers flat, large and juicy. One day the cook showed m how she did it. The kitchen had a cast-iron grill, and sitting on it were several stones that had been sawn in half, and thus had a flat bottom. Handles were drilled into them. Those stones were the same temperature as the grill, and the hamburgers (and their chops and steaks) were simply slid in between the two surfaces. There are cast-iron utensils for restaurants that are supposedly for the same purpose, but the cook said they were "worthless".

Always juicy, always done to perfection. (I often wondered how many years it took the cook to get an accurate idea of how done the meats were.)
I got a grill from a junkyard stove and tried it myself. It works, but you need to start the fire quite a long time before you wish to start cooking. When the kids were home, it was worth the trouble. Now, it's not.

Jim
good one!
reduce the fat content, increase the dry (or fresh onions) and it won't shrink. do not over cook!
That's my trick.
the less fat the healthier but the less flavorsome. 12% is my sweet spot.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
This morning (26 May) in our backyard.

This
is why we don't plant sensitive annual plants outdoors in northern New England until at least Memorial Day (traditionally 30 May), or even slightly later. :)

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
fortunately, it warmed up later.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...
;)

Last edited:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This is why we don't plant sensitive annual plants outdoors
We planted two plastic pink flamingos (the 3-footers) under our Myers lemon tree, but they don't get dibs on any of the ~200 lemons we get about every 9 months!;)

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Looking towards the northeast (i.e., back towards our house, which would be visible were it not for the trees) from roughly the same place along the road.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Looking towards the northeast (i.e., back towards our house, which would be visible were it not for the trees) from roughly the same place along the road.

Have you ever had the urge to set out some serious speakers in your 'backyard' and blast them?
I am not joking?
Good or bad results?:)

Most enjoyable all-weekend parties were had in some farmland in the Poconos, where we used set-up our own live gigs in the mountains.
It felt even better than any outdoor concert because it was our own.:cool:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Have you ever had the urge to set out some serious speakers in your 'backyard' and blast them?
I am not joking?
Good or bad results?:)

Most enjoyable all-weekend parties were had in some farmland in the Poconos, where we used set-up our own live gigs in the mountains.
It felt even better than any outdoor concert because it was our own.:cool:
Very limited experiences -- but, yes, the loudspeakers I've lugged outside sound quite good in a more or less anechoic environment.
Even some of the comparatively small ones.
I think this is a topic for some other thread, though! ;)

To stay on topic, here's a photo of loudspeakers in the wild. :cool:

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
202305_USflagSad.jpg
:mad:
Nothing ruins my day more than a half-baked attempt at patriotism.
I'd strongly suggest to anyone wanting to proudly respect and to properly display their flag but only upon learning the "Flag Etiquette"!
Snippets:
*Flag's Stars are always positioned such that they are at the viewer's heart side
*Flag is provided with a light source at night or *taken down pre-dusk and/or when raining
*Flag should never touch the ground, *remain flying while tattered, or disposed improperly
*etc.

Note: Don't bother flying one, if you don't have time to brush up on Flag Etiquette!

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
View attachment 289046:mad:
Nothing ruins my day more than a half-baked attempt at patriotism.
I'd strongly suggest to anyone wanting to proudly respect and to properly display their flag but only upon learning the "Flag Etiquette"!
Snippets:
*Flag's Stars are always positioned such that they are at the viewer's heart side
*Flag is provided with a light source at night or *taken down pre-dusk and/or when raining
*Flag should never touch the ground, *remain flying while tattered, or disposed improperly
*etc.

Note: Don't bother flying one, if you don't have time to brush up on Flag Etiquette!
That's what bunting is for.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Wasn't able to play today but here's a shot from 2020. Planning to do it again on Veterans Day. My friend from church Ross, a Marine vet, is holding the flag.
20200525_Don_Ross_taps_Memorial_Day.jpg

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
202306.Visuallusion.jpg

Experience this visual-illusion by staring at the image of the face for 30 seconds to a minute. Then shift your focus to look at the X at the center of the blank white image and blink several times.
This (not optical but visual) illusion works because photo-receptors in the eye become overstimulated and fatigued from staring at the image.
Because they lose sensitivity, you end up seeing negative afterimage briefly when you move your eyes. Hence, called the negative photo illusion.

Top Bottom