• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Wow, it’s in colour as well o_O

nobodynoz

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I've spent 10 days in French Brittany. We took an airbus to get there with my wife. One hour flight. Price 80€ for 2 one way.
French Brittany is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean.

I had never seen churches like that... before !

IMG_4413.JPG

IMG_4422.JPG

all images with my iPhone 6s

Last edited:

nobodynoz

I've spent with my wife 10 days in Bretagne, France...

Bretagne.png

In Bretagne, we were staying in a friend's house + - 100m from the Atlantic Ocean... see under...

Capture d’écran 2023-06-07 à 18.56.18.png

IMG_4456.JPG

Capture d’écran 2023-06-07 à 18.36.28.png

Old village + / - 600 year old...still inhabited + -1km from the house above.

Last edited:

nobodynoz

IMG_4730.JPG

Low tide... in Bretagne.
Bretagne
is a French "département" ( in USA you have states ) and there are 101 départements.... 3 of them are in America : Guadeloupe, Guyane, Martinique...
plus Mayotte and La Réunion located under the very large island of Madagascar and New Caledonia located by Australia.

Last edited:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Not a fabulous photo, but I saw three eastern bluebirds hunting insects down by our main vegetable garden this afternoon and managed to grab a photo of all three at once (albeit in repose).

Digital_Thor

So... my mom has this around 30 year old microwaveoven. She loves it. Every time she forgets her coffee somewhere or just mix the rest together. Then she can nuke it for 30-60 seconds and have another sip. Her turning 79 this summer and still taking care of most things alone, there was just something right about fixing it, rather than replacing it. Me growing up with not that much, have given me a big satisfaction in repairing stuff - if possible.

The flat wire from the start button - that she has maybe now pushed a million times - broke somewhere. So I made a "jump-starter". It could have used a small cap to smooth operation. But I changed those in the power supply instead.... they needed it more :) I lifted up the old soft touch panel, then drilled a hole through the plastic. Then ground down the rear plastic, until the little switch - that I dug out from a remote controlled lamp - fitted just so you can use the panel like before, but you simply push the switch behind the old sticky soft touch panel. Cutting away parts of the old flat cable, made room for a couple of wires. Then soldering with a huge iron that I found somewhere in my dads stuff, as I was cleaning out after he went to a nursing home last year, as part of his last journey.
Again - it seems like it's still mostly capacitors and mechanical stuff, that wears out.

It's not pretty - but it works, and she loves it even more now :D

Attachments

• DSC_4998.JPG
    DSC_4998.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC_4997.JPG
    DSC_4997.JPG
    202.3 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_4993.JPG
    DSC_4993.JPG
    189.3 KB · Views: 39
  • DSC_4992.JPG
    DSC_4992.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC_4989.JPG
    DSC_4989.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC_4991.JPG
    DSC_4991.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC_4999.JPG
    DSC_4999.JPG
    165.7 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

nobodynoz

Two Videos about "Corsica" a French Island... I've been there twice...

Last edited:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
We've had a spate of preternaturally cool and very unsettled weather for the past week.
One unanticipated consequence has been some dramatic skies.

The most dramatic skies have, unfortunately, correlated temporally with manifestations of my preternatural laziness. :facepalm:
Yesterday I took some photos from our screened porch. My TTL view of the scene (with the lens wide-open, of course) suggested that the screen wouldn't be visible, but, of course, the actual (automatic exposure - shame on me!) photos had much more depth of field. oops. ;)

nobodynoz

URIEL.png

I have known URIEL since birth, his parents are both doctors...
His mother sent me the photo a week ago because he is now nine years old.

nobodynoz

If you decide to go to France someday and you rent a car, you should know that there are no borders between France and >> United-Kingdom ( you take the tunnel under the Channel Sea ) Spain, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg and Italy... You just cross the border...
When I go to Spain (1 hour from where I live) I cross the border at 130km/hour.
In Deutschland you can drive on the motorway at 200km/hour...even more. Good if you drive a Porsche...

Last edited:

Keith_W

Major Contributor
If you decide to go to France someday and you rent a car, you should know that there are no borders between France and >> United-Kingdom ( you take the tunnel under the Channel Sea ) Spain, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Luxembourg and Italy... You just cross the border...
When I go to Spain (1 hour from where I live) I cross the border at 130km/hour.
In Deutschland you can drive on the motorway at 200km/hour...even more. Good if you drive a Porsche...

Well that's not quite true, if you cross from UK to France, you need to go through passport control. But if you are within the Schengen area, e.g. if you cross from Spain to France, no need passports. In fact I did that regularly in my rental Peugeot.

Keith_W

Major Contributor
At least French cars are still made and owned by the French! :p Must really sting to watch the Prime Minister and the King driven around in cars made by their former colony (Indians) and their wartime enemy (Germans) ;) Well, I suppose there's a handful of British car makers left ... Morgan, Ariel, TVR ...

nobodynoz

Well that's not quite true, if you cross from UK to France, you need to go through passport control. But if you are within the Schengen area, e.g. if you cross from Spain to France, no need passports. In fact I did that regularly in my rental Peugeot.
At least French cars are still made and owned by the French! :p Must really sting to watch the Prime Minister and the King driven around in cars made by their former colony (Indians) and their wartime enemy (Germans) ;) Well, I suppose there's a handful of British car makers left ... Morgan, Ariel, TVR ...

My car is a KIA Stonic...

Last edited:

nobodynoz

Capture d’écran 2023-06-12 à 18.29.03.png

and the Airbus planes are still made and used by the French !
and what about all the cruise ships made in France ?... including "the Wonder of the Seas" most of them are 300m long and you can see them in the port of Miami.
I know that because I've lived 2 years in Boca Raton, Florida.

Last edited:
Top Bottom