• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Qudelix on desktop with hd600

David James

I’ve been reading reviews here for a couple weeks but my heads swimming a bit.

I’m getting rid of my chord mojo, which I’ve used as a desktop and occasional portable DAC, and looking for a replacement.

Whether due to the chord or unreasonable expectations, the hd600 never really set my heart on fire but are certainly very good. I’m hoping whatever replacement I buy may add some improvement. EQ helped quite a bit.

The Qudelix appeals to me for its EQ and general geekery, but I am concerned about Amir’s comment that the DAC might not suit desktop use. Unfortunately he didn’t elaborate and I am not technically proficient to infer the reason from the measurements.

What is the issue with the qudelix and desktop use, and given the questionable audibility of DACS is it something to worry about?

Alternatively for the desktop I’d probably go JDS atom and either a JDS DAC or Sabaj or similar and probably still get the qudelix for portable use. I’d be open to other suggestions.

Thanks.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Amir's comment refers to using the 5K as a Line out device plugged into an external Amp, and stems from the fact that the 5K performs best at ~0.4V:
Qudelix 5K Portable DAC and Headphone Amp USB  Power into 300 ohm unbalanced Audio Measurements.png Qudelix 5K Portable DAC and Headphone Amp USB THD+N vs level Audio Measurements.png

In practice, this doesn't really matter.

Top Bottom