• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Please help me decide with DAC/AMP combo and Speakers

levanni

After tons of searching I'm leaning more towards this configuration to expand my laptop audio, guys please help me if I'm doing right?

DAC/Headphone Amp:

Schiit Jotunheim with Multibit DAC

IE

JVC HA-FD01 IEM

Speakers:

Some active speakers with sub, 2.1

My main goal, besides having good audio, is to have ability to switch between my headphones and speakers while they are all connected. Had conversation with Schiit rep. He told me this is easily possible. Well, first I was thinking to also get Gjallarhorn amp but then I thought maybe implementing the active speakers will be easier and cheaper.

good?

I've also discovered Monolith 789, 887 and their DAC which is unfortunately discontinued. But anyway it seems to me that building the same config is much harder with those. I know there are many other options from Topping and SMSL but kill me if you want but I'm stuck in position when I want USA/Japan/UK made units.

Thanks!

Top Bottom