• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Looking for DAC/Headphone/Amp

levanni

Hi folks,

Looking for Headphone/Speaker combination for laptop.
Can anyone tell me if there is similar solution like SMSL AO300 but fully balanced I/O with EQ tone control?

Also, what I don't understand is if I go stack and pick some standalone balanced DAC/Headphone/Amp combo, how can I hear difference in headphones connected to DAC/Headphone by adjusting tone controls in amplifier which is the last device in row? I spent a week searching whether or not their DAC/Headphone amp has EQ controls, couldn't find anything! Also can't find anything in their amp lineup with balanced headphone jack output. Totally confused.

Thanks

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
From my best understanding, EQing is best done in digital, on the source device (computer).
Analog EQing (on the amplifier) is just not popular.

OP
L

levanni

That's why Schiit guys produced this beauty? :)

lokius%20black%20front%201920.jpg

Unfortunately even their low price/high quality strategy is too expensive for me to build a stack. Wanted to know if there's something else I'd consider buying.

Can you tell that EQing from PC and this thing will be the same in terms of quality?

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom