• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Pizza

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprellemannen

Forum Donor
Pizza with extra cheese.
53110049.gif

Last edited:

JeffS7444

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My eyes were immediately drawn to the USM media furniture! No argument as far as the Benchmark and Revel components are concerned, it appears that you've chosen well.

I'm not really satisfied with the state of PC media center keyboards: Aside from small handheld units from the likes of Rii, there don't seem to be many integrated keyboard/trackpad units with backlit keys.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Wonderful write up and systems! How do you keep everything so tidy and clean? It would take me a week of non-stop cleaning to come close to what you have there. :)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought the idea of putting the desk facing the door was that if your visitor decided to come after you, there was something to keep him away from you! :D
The angry desk sweep is much better with a power position setup
PNPV.gif

Absolute

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought the idea of putting the desk facing the door was that if your visitor decided to come after you, there was something to keep him away from you! :D
My lord, what kind of friends do you have?!

... Oh, I get it now. You're talking about the wife!

Morla

Forum Donor
Cool, another usm haller fan! Love that setup. Unfortunately their delivery times are 4-8 weeks.

Last edited:

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor

blueone

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
One thing that amazes me about the Salon2s is how many people I've met over the years that own them. Certainly more than 10, not counting anyone on this forum. Considering they list for $22K in the US, that is remarkable. I have met perhaps a few B&W 802D and 800D owners, but at least for me everything else is one or two per model. I suspect that the Salon2 sets a new record for total sales in its price class.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I suspect that the Salon2 sets a new record for total sales in its price class.

In the US maybe, but I'd wager B&Ws top models would outsell them 10:1 or more in the rest of the world. There's more B&W 80x in studios around the world than anything else, letalone in wealthy audiophile's listening rooms.

But, it would be really interesting to know the actual sales numbers.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Thank you, thank you. The keyboard I've been looking for and had not seen. The missing piece is the illuminated keys. I'd seen the K400 which is basically this without lighted keys.

I have a K400+ too. It's OK, but a piece of junk compared to the K830. Both have the bonus mouse (select) button on the LH side so you can track with your right hand thumb and select with your left index finger if you want to, in addition to the normal trackpad buttons. The 830 trackpad is way nicer and more sensitive. Make sure you adjust the palm check in the trackpad settings to suit how you hold it.

See how this dude is holding it? This makes for really easy operation. The extra select button is on the top edge where his left finger is
1609133256477.png

The K830 is a class act in build quality for the money. Only negative is finger prints on the matte black surface. You need to clean it more often if you're like me and hate finger prints.

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a K400+ too. It's OK, but a piece of junk compared to the K830. Both have the bonus mouse (select) button on the LH side so you can track with your right hand thumb and select with your left index finger if you want to, in addition to the normal trackpad buttons. The 830 trackpad is way nicer and more sensitive. Make sure you adjust the palm check in the trackpad settings to suit how you hold it.

See how this dude is holding it? This makes for really easy operation. The extra select button is on the top edge where his left finger is
View attachment 101977

The K830 is a class act in build quality for the money. Only negative is finger prints on the matte black surface. You need to clean it more often if you're like me and hate finger prints.
So this will be the ticket for my home theater setup. It also will fill another wish/need. I've thought for a long time most of what I do on the internet via computer could easily be handled by my phone if I had a simple way to drop the phone and use a screen plus keyboard. Casting phone to a monitor on a desk with this keyboard should do that too.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
So this will be the ticket for my home theater setup.

That's what we use it for (HTPC Dell Zino) and it's great. It's also has a great range, you can control the PC from quite a distance should you need to.

Casting phone to a monitor on a desk with this keyboard should do that too.

Good idea. Do you need one of those phone OTA adapters for the USB/Micro USB for the Logitech nano receiver to do that? I've never tried a wireless keyboard on a phone but I reckon it would be a great idea. Texting is putrid for man size fingers. You can also use this keyboard with a USB equipped smart TV. Sure beats the remote.

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Good idea. Do you need one of those phone OTA adapters for the USB/Micro USB for the Logitech nano receiver to do that? I've never tried a wireless keyboard on a phone but I reckon it would be a great idea. Texting is putrid for man size fingers. You can also use this keyboard with a USB equipped smart TV. Sure beats the remote.
I think the phones own bluetooth will work with the keyboard. I have used a folding bluetooth keyboard this way with my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom