• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sigberg versus Sigberg, Cain vs Abel, Jacob vs Esau, you get the gist.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
In retrospect not sure using the example of biblical brothers who murdered the other sibling is such a great simile, the Sigberg SBS.1s arrived earlier this week, alongside a 12” Sigberg ‘Incognito’ pizza box subwoofer. This attaché case sub design is obviously gaining traction, see the recently announced Buchardt sub.
Sigberg Inkognito driver side,

End view,

I find the slim aesthetic much more appealing than the usual square sub, but of course there is only one 12” driver compared to the 2x10” drivers in the Sigberg D10’s, ( I use 2x D10’s with the Sigberg ‘Mantas’) placement is also much more convenient they can be tucked in vertical format tight against a wall thus only taking up six inches of floor space and they just look cool.
Comparing loudspeakers is not easy, there are just so many variables the ideal or at least close to ideal is probably the Harman ‘shuffler’ unfortunately I don’t have one of those.
I used REWs ‘room simulation’ to give me an idea of where the D10 subs might be placed to give the flattest response, and then corroborated with measurement, ’best’ was an asymmetric set-up with both subs tight against the front wall one tight into the corner the other agains the chimney breast.
I use the EQ in room to trim the peaks of the two two room modes.
Since the Mantas arrived ‘most’ customers have been keen to compare Mantas with Dutch&Dutch 8Cs both share a similar design philosophy, the 8Cs have been positioned flanking the Mantas, which is the least worse placement option, they aren’t as close to the front wall as would be ideal but they are at least more than 30cm away from the side wall.
I am at some point going to write my thoughts on the Manta/8Cs but for the Sigberg SBS.1/ Manta comparison I have simply replaced the 8Cs with the SBS.1s.
I will measure with REW today and think about the placement of the Inkognito subwoofer, but purely listening alone it sounds pretty decent just plonked next to the right SBS.

More to follow,

Keith

Last edited:
OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Just preparing for another Sigberg/Dutch&Dutch audition this week, the customer wants to hear both the Mantas/D10 and the SBS.s/Inkognito.
As we don’t have access to the Harman ‘shuffler’ just experimenting with positioning.
Placed an Inkognito 12” close to the wall, it is so neat and takes up so little space.
IMG_3450.jpeg
IMG_3451.jpeg

Top Bottom