• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What interesting and tasty cheese are you enjoying today? This is like the spirits thread but for cheese.

Tassin

Today I was having a snack in the kitchen. My wife passed by and asked me: "What litter bin did you just open? That one needs to be changed!".
I said: "None. I just had a bite of Camembert ...". :D

These are moments I can't get enough of.

Last edited:

TulseLuper

Forum Donor
Recently tried a cheese from Parish Hill that blew my mind. Rare to find American made cheese this intense (my wife could barely stand watching me eat it). I suggest all of you in the northeast USA try something from them if you see it.

ParishHill.jpg

Anton D

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I don't have pics.

1) Franklin's Teleme Cheese.

It's almost like a yeasty cheese, it feels like it has risen somehow.

Rice flour rind, it has a sharp lactic acid feel with great tang.

2) Tallegio. A washed rind wonder. Mouth filling, mild, good depth of flavor.

3) Kind of similar to Tallegio, Marin Cheese Company's Golden Gate. Washed rind, ripe flavors, great texture.

4) Morbier. Semi-firm, but great sensation of ripeness.

5) La Tur. At room temp, this is an unctuous bit of deliciousness.

Mikig

Very interesting.
gorgonzola_1280x800.jpg

I eat it almost every day: the gorgonzola with mascarpone and walnuts is delicious and, if you have a piece, I recommend the combined gorgonzola with dark chocolate!!! worth trying, it's a truly delicious combination!

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I eat it almost every day: the gorgonzola with mascarpone and walnuts is delicious and, if you have a piece, I recommend the combined gorgonzola with dark chocolate!!! worth trying, it's a truly delicious combination!
That sounds sooperb. Like me and Old English Porter beer, fudge and pickles together...LoL. :D

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
One of my better culinary memories is of the evening I had two cheese portions after the tasting menu at the Ledbury. Having two cheese portions allowed me to try all 10 of the cheeses. (Each cheese plate entitled a diner to his choice of five; my spouse decided she was full after catching some of the odors emanating from the cheese cart.)

IMG_1889.jpg

I had had the equivalent of a bottle and a half of wine by that point in the evening, so my memory of what the cheeses were is hazy.

But the experience was gluttonously transcendent. The picture above is from that evening.

Sadly, the only cheese I've had today was Trader Joe's cheddar...

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
One of my better culinary memories is of the evening I had two cheese portions after the tasting menu at the Ledbury. Having two cheese portions allowed me to try all 10 of the cheeses. (Each cheese plate entitled a diner to his choice of five; my spouse decided she was full after catching some of the odors emanating from the cheese cart.)

View attachment 361682

I had had the equivalent of a bottle and a half of wine by that point in the evening, so my memory of what the cheeses were is hazy.

But the experience was gluttonously transcendent. The picture above is from that evening.

Sadly, the only cheese I've had today was Trader Joe's cheddar...
I like your style veryyy much! :D

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I went to the specialty cheese store and got myself $90 worth of 6 very tasty cheeses. This stuff is delicious for sure. I got some duck pate too. :D

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
One of the finest culinary experiences I ever had was in Paris. There was a cheese shop in the Rue d'Amsterdam (Androuets) that must have had some 300 cheeses on sale. Above, they had a restaurant where every dish was cheese-based. Managed to get there twice, and had the most wonderful meals there.
Just heaven.

S

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
One of the finest culinary experiences I ever had was in Paris. There was a cheese shop in the Rue d'Amsterdam (Androuets) that must have had some 300 cheeses on sale. Above, they had a restaurant where every dish was cheese-based. Managed to get there twice, and had the most wonderful meals there.
Just heaven.

S
I went on a 25 minute journey eating little wedges of the 6 types of exotic cheese that I bought this morning. Whew! It was glorious. The cheese with salt crystals inside was amazinggg! The duck pate was pretty delicious too and has meat fibers in it so it was meaty and chewy. :D I am very happy with my purchase this morning. I reallly needed the pepper crackers that I bought too. To clean my palette between the cheese types.

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Whew!!! I think I might have overdone the cheese variety a little bit. 2 of the cheeses are so strong that I am going to make dips from them by mashing them into sour cream or yogurt. :D

Top Bottom