• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Pass ACA Class A Power Amplifier Review

manisandher

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The lack of logical reasoning skills here is astounding. Why would your reasoning only apply to the ACA and not the LA90?

FWIW, I bought the ACA kit as a fun project to do with my then 9-year-old son. Never got around to it, so got a local guy to build them for me. They've sat on a shelf gathering dust since.

Meanwhile, I'm very impressed with the LA90 - got five of them!

manisandher

Addicted to Fun and Learning

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
A lack of comprehension skills too!
Not at all. One does just not follow from the other.

Enjoying A over B does not mean bias only applies to A or B.

In any case, you totally miss the point: it was about having a reference, and you say there isn’t any. Any my argument is that you do have a reference, unconsciously. This is a wholly separate argument.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Why do you think that?
Because technically it IS a crappy amp (looking at signal fidelity).
Fortunately human hearing is even crappier and an amp would have to be really crappy to sound crappy and some may even prefer it..

Last edited:

MAB

Major Contributor
A lack of comprehension skills too!

I recommend you read Floyd Toole's book Sound Reproduction, Chapter 17 specifically. Best to purchase and read the whole thing!:)
It will certainly help your comprehension of why people tend to chose equipment based on subjective observations over objective reality, how people hallucinate differences in gear that sounds the same, and what factors that often lead people to chose gear with worse performance. The comments that you said were nonsense are extensively researched, and discussed in the book by Toole in a way that is easy to comprehend, even for non-technical.

Top Bottom