• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Outsider folk music

pads

I've been on a bit of a search for more unknown folk artists of which there are many. Now lots are meh/overly earnest but once in a while you come across something special (to these ears anyway). Often these are put out in small runs, private press releases and can be a lot of fun to discover. Recently I had a friend send me Mossy Davidson North Wind Calling produced in '77 in Alaska. She's the auntie of Jewel and this album is a wonderful, laid back slice of north Pacific folk.

There's others I've collected over the years, some are petty rare, hopefully others will add on!

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
My less-famous favorite ones would include Brett Newski (punk folk), LJ Slavin, Willy Porter (a guitar god), Lee Barber, John Statz, and Jeffrey Foucault.

Top Bottom