• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

No access to amplifier forum? - 2

OP
Count Arthur

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
I'm guessing it's something to do with this lot:

1651089464158.png

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
works fine in FF for me

had some weird issues with add-ons lately tho, with partially or not loading elemnts and whole sites; are you using any and if so, does disabling them (for this site or in general) change the behaviour?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

manisandher

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just started getting reported this morning. So seems new.

I noticed it this morning because I wanted to post in the Neurochrome thread in the amplifier forum, and couldn't get in using FF. Not sure how long it's been an issue otherwise, as I can't remember the last time trying to enter the forum.

Mani.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
ruh-roh.

Just noticed a couple of broken avatars on my habitual new posts assessment a moment ago.
1651105074275.png

This is via Chrome runnin on Win10Pro -- sorry for the small size -- just wanted to convey the presence of two different ones on one screenshot.

Have we got trouble, right here in River City? ;)

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Just installed FF and checked, it works for me. Checked out the various tabs, can't find anything special (yet).

So question for those who have the issue. Does it also occur if you visit via this link? If not, can you please provide the source page you used to get to the amplifier page? I only tried from the home page.

manisandher

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It works perfectly with my PC at work (using FF).

OP
Count Arthur

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
Just installed FF and checked, it works for me. Checked out the various tabs, can't find anything special (yet).

So question for those who have the issue. Does it also occur if you visit via this link? If not, can you please provide the source page you used to get to the amplifier page? I only tried from the home page.
That link doesn't work for me:

1651139213448.png

Odd, I see that there is no onclick events attached to it; it's just a link:

1651139388328.png

This link doesn't work either, same issue:

1651139718769.png

OP
Count Arthur

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
That's normal. An A-tag is a clickable link already.
Yes, that was my point, that it's just a link and that there is no JavaScript or JQuery shenanigans. :)

Which means that the issue must be on the destination page index.php, presumably there's a problem with the script on that page. I'm getting a generic, "friendly" error message, which unfortunately doesn't really give any useful information.

For development and debugging you can set the server/site/page to show full error messages, with line numbers etc., but for production you can hide those, so as not to expose information about the server, or the database, etc..

Propheticus

Have we already confirmed:
  • This happens with all add-ons disabled?
  • a new/clean profile is affected too?

Several others have asked, but I don't see any confirmations about a clean-slate test. We do have others stating it works in their FF install and in another case the same user with issues in FF at home stating they can't replicate the same at work.

Also we still have not seen output of the developers/inspector tool's network trace.

As Xaviescacs says
...but without the console log is quite hard to know. It complains about a redirection, so a look at the network section of the inspector would be helpful too. At least is what I would ask if I was the developer. That said, in the world of bugs everything is possible.

Without more evidence from the problematic side, we can be here all night speculating,...
Without a semblance of a structured approach to minimise the amount of factors at play at the same time and ruling out possible culprits one by one (deduction), this is a guessing game.

Nonick

This is an error with Google Analytics implementation and loading .js scripts in forum.
"SameSite” attribute set to “None” or an invalid value, without the “secure” attribute.
Because a cookie’s SameSite attribute was not set or is invalid, it defaults to SameSite=Lax, which prevents the cookie from being sent in a cross-site request. This behavior protects user data from accidentally leaking to third parties and cross-site request forgery.
Affected resources:
Name Domain & Path
_ga .mozilla.org/
_gid .mozilla.org/

Another issue is caused by Forum backend construction: Layout was forced before the page was fully loaded. If stylesheets are not yet loaded this may cause a flash of unstyled content (preamble.min.js). Therefore, Firefox does not find .js functions required to render and display forum properly.
So, for users that use FireFox there will be issues.

In order to fix this, a new setup of GAnalytics and Gtag manager is required by forum personel.
And most important: to place script tag to body tag of forum layout (so the script loads properly.)

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
This is an error with Google Analytics implementation and loading .js scripts in forum.
"SameSite” attribute set to “None” or an invalid value, without the “secure” attribute.
Because a cookie’s SameSite attribute was not set or is invalid, it defaults to SameSite=Lax, which prevents the cookie from being sent in a cross-site request. This behavior protects user data from accidentally leaking to third parties and cross-site request forgery.
Affected resources:
Name Domain & Path
_ga .mozilla.org/
_gid .mozilla.org/

Another issue is caused by Forum backend construction: Layout was forced before the page was fully loaded. If stylesheets are not yet loaded this may cause a flash of unstyled content (preamble.min.js). Therefore, Firefox does not find .js functions required to render and display forum properly.

In order to fix this, a new setup of GAnalytics and Gtag manager is required by forum personel.
And most important: to place script tag to body tag of forum layout (so the script loads properly.)
Interesting analysis :cool:! How did you figure this out?

xaviescacs

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Affected resources:
Name Domain & Path
_ga .mozilla.org/
_gid .mozilla.org/

I've seen all this, but this is quite common in web pages. Also, it happens to all pages on the site, no just the ones some users are complaining about. I wouldn't be sure this is the cause. My Firefox says non of these errors are critical, it classifies them as "Warnings".

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

DeepFried

this is curious. I'm using a few versions of Firefox and i'm not seeing this issue at all.

91.8.0esr (64bit linux)
99.0.1 (64bit linux)
98.3.0 (android)
99.0 (64bit windows)

Running ublock origin on them all, but have tried turning it off.

Top Bottom