• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Topping PA5 MKII in the works

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
yes this completely restores my confidence!

nawfal07

Wait for Amir’s measurements/review and then wait another 3 months to confirm it’s reliable.

nawfal07

After 3 months you won't buy it because you will be waiting for the new Topping announced amplifier measurements and reliability to compare lol
So be it, then. I’ll just look for other manufacturers, I already have a couple narrowed down.

marX

Now how fast this device craps out?

Bets anyone?
I say 2 months.

Sokel

Master Contributor
Well,that's a first I believe:

Just 1%.PNG

I mean it would be remarkable to advertise as such at 1950 but at 2023?
Can you please stop this silliness?

Bleib

Major Contributor
Last edited:

Roland68

Major Contributor
In the future, you should simply avoid any device in which electronics have been encapsulated.
With an audio device, it is foolish to encapsulate electronics. There are many sources of error and it requires a much higher level of know-how, quality and quality control than these companies can afford.
In addition, we have to pay for this nonsense as customers in the end.
Repairs are made very difficult if not impossible.

JSmith

Master Contributor

PA5_II-04_600x600.jpg

The distortion of PA5 II and PA5 II Plus is already as good as the DAC. When outputting 5W under a 4Ω load, THD+N<0.0004%; When outputting 5W under an 8Ω load, THD+N <0.0003%. The extremely low distortion level takes your music experience to the next level.

The PA5 II Plus is capable of delivering up to 140W x 2 for 4-ohm loads at 10% distortion, and 125W x 2 for 4-ohm loads even when the standard is raised to 1% distortion. Similarly, the PA5 II can output 100W X 2 for a 4-ohm load at 1% distortion. High output power and low distortion characteristics make PA5 II series amplifiers sufficient to meet the needs of most speakers and use occasions.

JSmith

Bleib

Major Contributor
"140W x 2 for 4-ohm loads at 10% distortion, and 125W x 2 for 4-ohm"
I actually think that this is useful information. Easier to know to which level it's usable.

BoredErica

Addicted to Fun and Learning
View attachment 282423I asked a question about a comment where they had posted on Reddit. They are extending warranties of existing and a mkii is in the works.
OK 3 things.
1. Offering refunds? Not what I was told by support. Plus my last email never got responded to.
2. Refund until pa5 is is launched? It has now so no refunds.
3. At very least, replacing pa5 with pa5 ii for those with broken pa5 seems in order.

Topping can say whatever they want. Their account on asr promised special action fir those with a broken repaired unit. It's all words until I either get refund or pa5 ii sitting here.

Reactions: MAB

Bleib

Major Contributor
Amir is posting reviews on an almost daily base, I supose he got a lot of stuff for review and probably some of the new Topping stuff between them waiting in line.
No reason to rush it anyhow. Suppose this model has problems as well, an early review will make lots of people to rush into buying something which may not work so well.

Music1969

Major Contributor
Amir is posting reviews on an almost daily base, I supose he got a lot of stuff for review and probably some of the new Topping stuff between them waiting in line.
He normally has them on or soon after release

Part of the marketing release

Top Bottom