• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping ext90 extension cable question.

Caliban

Forum Donor
Hi all,

I wonder if it is possible to extend the interface cable that the Topping EXT90 uses to connect to the Topping preamp in the other end ?
The reason for asking is that I would like to have the headphone amp / DAC within reach where I sit at my PC and still be able to connect
my casette deck / minidisc / turntable located in a bookshelf beside me where the EXT90 would be located. It would need a few meters of cable.
Compatible Topping EXT90 and Topping preamp units looks to have standard M12 / 8-pole connectors , am I right ?
If so (and if the concept is straight wired..) any standard sensor cable M12/8-pole male/female should work. I have a lot of them where I work..
Can anyone shed some light over this ?
Thank you !

Last edited:

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I have no additional insights into this but I see it as you do. Should work. I'd choose a shielded cable, if possible.

OP
Caliban

Caliban

Forum Donor
Top Bottom