• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New into ASR Looking for chinese amp and chinese DAC to purchase

samsagaz

Hi, im from Argentina, we here have many financial problems, so i cant switch to new amp too offen.

First i want to focus into Amplifier as we can not purchase more than 1 orders/month.

Btw, i dont know if purchase a separated DAC/Amplifier or go with an full solution like smsl ao200 mkii

So option 1 will be just purchase the SMSL AO200 MKII

Option 2 will be some DAC and some AMP (this will be the best option so i can upgrade amp or dac in future)

Topping PA5 + DAC
Fosi Audio V3 + DAC
Fosi Audio BT20A Pro + DAC

and dac will be something like SMSL D-6 or similar less than 200USD with BT.

Thanks in advance for recommendations...

Djano

If money is a problem, do not buy an expensive DAC. You will not get audible improvements. People usually advice to go with the Apple Dongle when on the cheap. See Amir's measurments here. Your current DAC could also be OK.

Focus on the speakers and the subwoofer.

PA5 seems to have reliability issue. In this poll, near 50% of people said their PA5 was defective

If you want Bluetooth, i suggest BT20A Pro. You have bluetooth and tone control, which the V3 does not have.

radix

Major Contributor
I don't think the A0200 mk2 has been reviewed here, but they usually make good products.

Topping PA5 II got great reviews. The II is different than the original.

A SMSL SU-1 DAC would be fine, it's inexpensive and also has a great review.

eddantes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Don't forget Yamaha WXA 50 as a possible candidate.

OP
S

samsagaz

If money is a problem, do not buy an expensive DAC. You will not get audible improvements. People usually advice to go with the Apple Dongle when on the cheap. See Amir's measurments here. Your current DAC could also be OK.

Focus on the speakers and the subwoofer.

PA5 seems to have reliability issue. In this poll, near 50% of people said their PA5 was defective

If you want Bluetooth, i suggest BT20A Pro. You have bluetooth and tone control, which the V3 does not have.
Thanks, will check more BT20A Pro reviews!

OP
S

samsagaz

I don't think the A0200 mk2 has been reviewed here, but they usually make good products.

Topping PA5 II got great reviews. The II is different than the original.

A SMSL SU-1 DAC would be fine, it's inexpensive and also has a great review.
SMSL SU-1 DAC dont have BT :/

Djano

Thanks, will check more BT20A Pro reviews!
Just check this
It will avoid you a big loss of time with YouTube BS where people talk about "typical Fosi sound", "detail retrieval", "huge soundstage but rather vague imaging" or similar dreams

If you want to run a subwoofer, check:
- BT30D Pro (with passive subwoofer, freq. and vol. don't apply to the preout but only the high power outputs)
- BT30D (with active subwoofer, pre-out is actually a sub-out influenced by both settings mentionned)

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Welcome to ASR. How about Topping RD3 + RA3 stack for 500 usd?

Or maybe wait for the new WiiM Amp with full streamer, DAC and speaker amp? Should release early November for 300 usd (TPA3255 based, 120W into 4 ohms).

Last edited:
OP
S

samsagaz

Welcome to ASR. How about Topping RD3 + RA3 stack for 500 usd?

Or maybe wait for the new WiiM Amp with full streamer, DAC and speaker amp? Should release early November for 300 usd (TPA3255 based, 120W into 4 ohms).
RD3 + RA3 loos nice, but its for desktop usage, dont have enough space to so big cases. I will have a headphones amp, the mic XLR phantom interface, the amp and the DAC :/

Already purchased this interface for the MIC. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005100154466.html
And have this for the cellphones and tablet. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005433061394.html

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
i would eliminate everything and anything topping for obvious reasons

if you wait until oct. you will see an updated version of the Fosi V3

i dont know your uses but if i'm buying something basic like a V3 i'd want something a bit more like a dac preamp so you have some analog inputs

i think SMSL have some good integrated amps from $200-$300 especially the DL200 and that sort but be aware their line up with the Merus Infineon may not bench as well as you'd hope.

OP
S

samsagaz

i would eliminate everything and anything topping for obvious reasons

if you wait until oct. you will see an updated version of the Fosi V3

i dont know your uses but if i'm buying something basic like a V3 i'd want something a bit more like a dac preamp so you have some analog inputs

i think SMSL have some good integrated amps from $200-$300 especially the DL200 and that sort but be aware their line up with the Merus Infineon may not bench as well as you'd hope.
have some link with the specs of the new FOSI V3 version?

TonyJZX

Major Contributor
its gonna be the same but with working preout

that's it

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Money is tight everywhere my friend.
Quick question: do you already have speakers? What are you planning on using as a source for music?
A thought:
Your interface, that you already have, can take usb input (so would work with phone or pc) and you could then just get active speakers - Edifier MR4 are basic, but still pretty good especially if you don't listen loud. Plenty of other options.

OP
S

samsagaz

Money is tight everywhere my friend.
Quick question: do you already have speakers? What are you planning on using as a source for music?
A thought:
Your interface, that you already have, can take usb input (so would work with phone or pc) and you could then just get active speakers - Edifier MR4 are basic, but still pretty good especially if you don't listen loud. Plenty of other options.
I have a pair of DIY Speakers (just 83db sens)
i want to upgrade my system, want to purchase some with BT. Plus i want to test some cool DAC/Amplifier, because as reference i just have a DIY A/B Amp and the interface.

OP
S

samsagaz

still looking for some combo to purchase... have many options to choice from :(

I think that will go with the SMSL DL200 as DAC, because the specs looks good and have BT, Headphone AMP!

Now need to find some amp to match with it, what do you guys think? will be a good purchase?

I want to spend less than 200USD in the amp so the combo will be less than 400 USD.

Another option will be All in One solution like SMSL AO300

radix

Major Contributor
still looking for some combo to purchase... have many options to choice from :(

I think that will go with the SMSL DL200 as DAC, because the specs looks good and have BT, Headphone AMP!

Now need to find some amp to match with it, what do you guys think? will be a good purchase?

I want to spend less than 200USD in the amp so the combo will be less than 400 USD.

Another option will be All in One solution like SMSL AO300
Generally an all-in-one unit will be a better value for your budget.

Really, the AO300 has everything you need: DAC, BT, amp, and sub out. The graphs from the manufacturer look good (https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/...bluetooth5-0-remote-control-digital-amplifier). Maybe try that first and save yourself some $.

What speakers and sub do you have?

OP
S

samsagaz

I have a pair of Full Range DIY Speakers (just 83db sens)
and no sw yet

im planning to upgrade my speakers for christmas

D

Deleted member 48726

Hi, im from Argentina, we here have many financial problems, so i cant switch to new amp too offen.

First i want to focus into Amplifier as we can not purchase more than 1 orders/month.

Btw, i dont know if purchase a separated DAC/Amplifier or go with an full solution like smsl ao200 mkii

So option 1 will be just purchase the SMSL AO200 MKII

Option 2 will be some DAC and some AMP (this will be the best option so i can upgrade amp or dac in future)

Topping PA5 + DAC
Fosi Audio V3 + DAC
Fosi Audio BT20A Pro + DAC

and dac will be something like SMSL D-6 or similar less than 200USD with BT.

Thanks in advance for recommendations...
Buy used. Save enormous amounts of money.

radix

Major Contributor
I have a pair of Full Range DIY Speakers (just 83db sens)
and no sw yet

im planning to upgrade my speakers for christmas

The AO300 is about 50W @ 8-ohm (for 0.05% THD). not sure what your speaker impedance. But at 83 dB sens, that's not a lot of power (unless they are close to 4-ohm). Usually speakers are closer to 86-89 dB sens, which is 2x - 4x louder. If you have a smaller space and not expecting to play really loud, should be OK. But if you will upgrade later, you can get properly matched speakers for the amp and how loud you want to go.

86 dB speakers @ 8-ohms should be plenty loud at 2m or so, even with only 50W. For lower sensitivity or larger room, get 4-ohm, and it should still be plenty loud.

A sub will help a lot, especially with bookshelf speakers.

Top Bottom