• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Problem with Topping PA5 - Topping after-sale service sent a new one!

Joemoonit

Hello everybody,
in February 2022 I bought a PA5, it worked well until 6 months ago. It started with a low humming but then it got worse with buzzes and cracks. It was like a vinyl record in terrible conditions. Obviously it's the very common problem already discussed here many times.
I contacted the Italian seller (I bought it through Amazon) end their reply was to address myself directly to Topping China. They were very fast in replying, asked me to send a video, which I did, and then offered to send a new PA5ii free of charge. It arrived without the power supply as that is the same that I already had. I asked for a black one to pair it with my new DX9 and that's what I got!
You can see the broken old one and the replacement over the DX) (of course they're up there only for the picture!).
I read many complaints about Topping after-sale service so I was worried but the only thing I can say is that it's the most serious service I got, ever.
Before anyone asks: PA5ii sounds very similar to the old one, I fell more push in the low frequencies but when I switched from E50 to DX9 the problems were very bad so I don't have any chance to make a side to side comparison. My speakers are KEF LS50II. The thing thatI can say is that in black is better looking for my taste.

Attachments

• 20240112_113206.jpg
    20240112_113206.jpg
    950.2 KB · Views: 72
Top Bottom