• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Neumann MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment

klangfilm

Yes the process can take several seconds, it's strange.
Have you checked that the 2 ethernet cables are ok ?

elvis

Yes the switch and cables are lended by the seller and were used to calibrate the sub in the store.

klangfilm

Did you check ipv6 for your switch ?
I am living in France and ipv6 is not available from all the service providers here.
You can also ask some online support from Neumann.
Go to their homepage (with a pc, for whatever reason it does not work with my Android devices), click on the orange bubble in the bottom right corner, then "start a chat instead" and then "connect me to an agent".
I tried yesterday and they gave me the support I needed.

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Did you check ipv6 for your switch ?
I am living in France and ipv6 is not available from all the service providers here.
You can also ask some online support from Neumann.
Go to their homepage (with a pc, for whatever reason it does not work with my Android devices), click on the orange bubble in the bottom right corner, then "start a chat instead" and then "connect me to an agent".

@elvis just to clarify some terminology here. In the literal sense, switches made for home typically have no care re: IPv4/IPv6 - you're thinking of router. In home environments, the switch and router tend to be an all-in-one device (at least here in the USA) so the term is often confused. IF you're just using a switch, and not a router, your KH750 has no way to get a real IP address. Although it should pull an APIPA address, 169.254.x.x, this is often not as reliable as a real IP. Try connecting the KH750 to your router or a spare port on your wireless access point, usually those are configured to act wired-to-wireless bridges by default. There are also switches that offer this functionality but they're not nearly as common in domestic scenarios - if you had one (a layer 3 switch), you'd know it.

audafreak

Thanks. Until now I did not know there is such possibility. My browser was set to block third party scripts/cookies so I had no orange bubble on the bottom. Maybe I am blocking too much sometimes.

@tifune Neuman monitors are IP6 devices, they have unique IP6 addresses so no router should be needed, switch should handle this. I think sometimes there is problem more on the PC side. I don't know how to check enabling IP6 on imac, I have Windows.
Best would be really to contact Neumann.

NeoZs99

Hi!
My new KH 750 is not recognized in the network by the MA-1 Alignment Software (1.4.1.813). I tried everything I could for the last 24 hours : switch on/off / reset / Network mode / Standby off / osx firewall off / etc...
At the moment, The KH750 and the Imac are connected to a switch / no other device / no wifi / no internet. Just a switch and 2 cables.
It does'nt work.
I've read something about ipv6 : do some switches compatible ipv6 and others not ?
Could it be the problem ?
Do some people connect the KH750 directly to the computer without any switch ? Does it work for you ?
Is there a way to download previous versions of the software to test if it is better ?
Please Help!
What do you mean connecting the KH750 directly to the conputer?

Hi,
You can't change and it does not matter.
If you had 2 kh 750 then you would have 2 lines, one for the first 750 and another one for the second 750 (kh 750 right subwoofer).
In you case (and in mine), left is just the "default" information.
View attachment 224757
Thanks a lot mate. On a side note, the ability for re alignment without re going through all the measurements is god sent..

badboygolf16v

Forum Donor
Hi!
My new KH 750 is not recognized in the network by the MA-1 Alignment Software (1.4.1.813). I tried everything I could for the last 24 hours : switch on/off / reset / Network mode / Standby off / osx firewall off / etc...
At the moment, The KH750 and the Imac are connected to a switch / no other device / no wifi / no internet. Just a switch and 2 cables.
It does'nt work.
I've read something about ipv6 : do some switches compatible ipv6 and others not ?
Could it be the problem ?
Do some people connect the KH750 directly to the computer without any switch ? Does it work for you ?
Is there a way to download previous versions of the software to test if it is better ?
Please Help!
I know that the iPad app used mDNS/Bonjour for networking, so I wonder if MA 1 does too? Multicast settings on your router can affect mDNS function. Anyone know? Probably one for @jj-wohlgemuth to confirm.

elvis

Thank you for your answers,
So, the sub, switch and cables are not faulty because they were tested in the store via the software on windows.
However on my mac it doesn't work, even though I have tested every osx settings : firewall, security, antivirus, no wifi, etc...
So far no success but I am relieved my sub is not faulty.
By the way, it's been my 4th full day trying to make it work. No answer from Neumann support, nor by mail or chat.

artishard116

Does anyone have a suggestion for room scenarios where speaker positioning in an equilateral triangle isn't possible? In the MA1 set up, it asks for a distance measurement for one of the sides of said triangle. I'm guessing that the speaker to listening position distance is more crucial than the distance between the speakers. Is that the measurement I should go with?

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No. Currently fixed to 80 Hz, not changeable. In the early stages they promised this feature, but did not implement it yet. It seems that the algorithm first aligns both sub and mains to the target (full range) and then aligns phase/latency of sub and mains with a fixed crossover at 80 Hz.
See also here: Post in thread 'Neumann KH150' https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/neumann-kh150.33454/post-1243363 (and follow ups until post #445)

Re: sub alignment, do you think MA1 does anything tailored specifically to the 750 that you couldn't get from REW or even Audyssey? I have no idea what it might be, but I've read one selling point is accounting for the unique characteristics of each monitor that only Neumann would know. Same for Genelec w/ GLM, but when it comes to subwoofers I'm not sure what's possible (if anything)

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Re: sub alignment, do you think MA1 does anything tailored specifically to the 750 that you couldn't get from REW or even Audyssey? I have no idea what it might be, but I've read one selling point is accounting for the unique characteristics of each monitor that only Neumann would know. Same for Genelec w/ GLM, but when it comes to subwoofers I'm not sure what's possible (if anything)
I don't know. It aligns phase and delay automatically, but you could do that manually with EQ APO and REW. It is time consuming, to find the best settings, though. One thing that's Neumann exclusive is the phase linearisation of the analog main monitors (not MA1 specific, but works also with KH750 and iPad). If you need it, if it is audible, i don't know.
If or how much the automatic alignment algorithm of the MA1 uses specific information about the monitors, i also don't know.
I can only say, i tried for years what i could with REW, Dirac and Antimode, and liked the results of the MA1 most. I think, if you are really good with REW/EQ APO (better than me) or even Acourate or something like that, i guess you don't really need the MA1 or the KH750.

jj-wohlgemuth

1661498324200.png

elvis

Unfortunatly, it does not work better for me : Rescan button does nothing

Untitled.gif

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Unfortunatly, it does not work better for me : Rescan button does nothing

View attachment 226902
I think the software is made for PC not for Mac as stated by Neumann. So maybe that’s where your problem lies?

Works flawless for me (Win10, Assus Routers Wifi6, default settings, all speakers wired to a network switch, switch to Assus Wi-Fi Access point, Accesspoint connected wirelessly to router, PC connected wirelessly to router - just plug n play).

Last edited:

audafreak

No, it is not avaiable for me.

I see only version 1.4 and even not all files, only 5, for instance documentation and version history is missing. When removing conditions from the link to
I see 1 more file - some MA1 review.

@jj-wohlgemuth You have wrongly configured web site, wrong download file assignement to categories or something like that. Shortly said - chaos. Please correct this. It is again very bad for your reputation.

Attachments

• 2022-08-28_114716_en-de.neumann.com.png
    2022-08-28_114716_en-de.neumann.com.png
    264.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

audafreak

Try this link which works for me:

They changed the web and if you are not registered and logged in, then you see version 1.4 (but cannot download), if you log in then you see 1.5.
Bug in sw config as I wrote.
And I found another web bug during registration: mandatory country list is not ordered correctly so I had big problem finding my country. I thought first I will not be able to register and become really very angry. I was using English version. This should be corrected too.

Top Bottom