• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New mysterious Genelec monitors

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Honestly PJ I would love to, let’s just say that every feature on your ‘dream speaker list’ is present, they are going to be simply outrageous.
( apart from maybe the sensual aluminium touching thing)
Keith

Can you tell us if they are going to be targeted to the general 8361 price range or the general 8381 price range?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Almost certainly the latter, if you design ‘all out’ then that requires a lot of real estate, certainly far more than I imagined.
Keith

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Honestly PJ I would love to, let’s just say that every feature on your ‘dream speaker list’ is present, they are going to be simply outrageous.
( apart from maybe the sensual aluminium touching thing)
Keith
At least tell us if it's a pro audio company or an audiophile hifi company ;)

holdingpants01

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
At least tell us if it's a pro audio company or an audiophile hifi company ;)
there's no pro audio company that could do something like 8381 (as in hardware AND software combination, a complete set which is also a part of a whole ecosystem) at this point and only audiophile companies and dealers rely on such absolute claims, so I wouldn't hold my breath. They probably would look more living room friendly, which is rather important in this market as there's only one uglier setup than 8381 and that is 83x1 + W371A, so it shouldn't be that hard lol

Last edited:
OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
there's no pro audio company that could do something like 8381 (as in hardware AND software combination, a complete set which is also a part of a whole ecosystem) at this point and only audiophile companies and dealers rely on such absolute claims, so I wouldn't hold my breath. They probably would look more living room friendly, which is rather important in this market as there's only one uglier setup than 8381 and that is 83x1 + W371A, so it shouldn't be that hard lol
Maybe Neumann could surprise us;)

holdingpants01

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Maybe Neumann could surprise us;)
I don't think so, since the very beginning all of the Neumann models are just improved old K&H monitors, the most they broke out of the mold was KH150 and they're not really innovative in basic design. Also he wouldn't know anything about them, it has to be some outside market manufacturer like Danley or even single person operation

Last edited:
OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
I don't think so, since the very beginning all of the Neumann models are just improved old K&H monitors, the most they broke out of the mold was KH150 and they're not really innovative in principles
Yeah I wonder why they don't experiment more like Genelec

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
They don't have to, the basic idea is good enough to sell, they are incrementally improved and their prices are so low precisely because the basic R&D was done long ago
Not that low
Now some Genelecs are cheaper than Neumann
It used to be the opposite but prices have increased

benanders

8EFAC115-6A90-477C-8DCE-54376A618743.jpeg

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
As far as I can see (?) SOS hasn't reviewed the 8381A, so how do they know it's the best studio monitor? :)

"These results celebrate the ‘best in class’ products launched or reviewed(..) ". So basically anything they think looks cool?

Top Bottom