• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Magico TITAN subwoofer

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Price is $32K
Screenshot_20230713_004639_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230713_004621_Chrome.jpg
driver.jpg
titan.jpg

Ciobi69

you can buy 18-21-24 inch drivers and make more powerful subwoofer than this, size matters I don't care about 400 lbs enclosure

PGAMiami

Ridiculous. My Q5s were my worst hifi purchase ever. Besides not sounding great, the speaker was so heavy that it was dangerous. Not to mention the exposed toxic beryllium tweeter.

PGAMiami

There's nothing toxic about a beryllium tweeter until you break it
Which is exactly what happened to mine even though I had paid Alon 5000 to make aluminum grills to protect the tweeters. I waited 2 years for the grills. They were not secure and they made the speaker sound horrible.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
It's like a 250lb aluminum enclosure, lol. Magico's overkill-does-not-exist approach to engineering is fun, but also silly. Remember, for best in-room response you're going to want multiples. :p

Which serve as great occasional seats for kiddies in the music room. No scraping of chairs then.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Does it Implode after a few uses? Bad timing with the name.

The OP is a metal fan, so we're all relieved this Magico doesn't use carbon fibre.

To the contrary, this sub should reach new depths (and I'll see myself out).

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Or perhaps if the tweeter is smoked???o_O
Hehe. I was equating it to like mercury which needs to be inhaled as a vapor/gas because swallowing it does little to nothing UNLESS it has been pre-digested by a organism and made to be a part of the protein. Alright going to read about beryllium now...

MAB

Major Contributor
Did they put an Adire woofer in a 350 pound cube milled from solid aluminum?

Also, are they maximizing or minimizing the distortions???
1689207280253.png

The words say minimize, but the math says maximize.

Subwoofers are so easy. 32k should be enough to buy lots really large ones. And one subwoofer is not useful for good bass no matter what Magico is claiming about this element. You need minimum two.

Also, I won't buy a sub named 'Titan'.;)

PGAMiami

when you brake it dont inhale it. it,s one of the most toxic chemicals around.
My case is unusual as my son has special needs. This was clearly communicated to Alon and it was explained to him that I would not be interested purchasing his speakers if he could not provide grills to protect the drivers and more importantly my son.

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I really dislike handling large woofers. They need handles on the front or something. I know you can use the holes with screw hooks but that isn't always possible.

I had to drop the 12 inch woofers in my Geddes speakers in without destroying my paint job or fingertips. If I was designing a subwoofer from the ground up I'd figure out a new frame.

This is a very reasonable product for Magico. 30k isn't much for this market.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The drive unit looks like a step down compared to their original Qsub line, which used Aurasound drivers with neo radial underhung motors and copper-sleeved polepieces. Maybe the subs are in real terms also cheaper? They don't say but that top plate on their new driver looks like part of a dual gap ("XBL") motor.

296-260_HR_0.default.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom