• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New IOTAVX 17-Channel Home-Cinema AV Processor

Daaadou

I own a avx17 for a few months now, it is behind a hdfury vrroom and process all kind of audio signal, atmos etc. My speakers set up consists of 3 8340 genelec, 2 8330 and a 7370 so I don’t need the room correction, perfect deal at 1500.
It is a very good and reliable device so far.

Do any of you know the code to use with a shield tv to control the volume?

SomeDude

I have a quick question for all avx17 owners that use Linux:

When using the USB audio input does the avx17 appear as a 17 channel USB device?

Any info would be appreciated.

withoutsuit

Still no measurements of DAC / Sinad of this device? I´m kind of interested, mainly for stereo purposes, but would like to know, if the signal quality is very good or not....

Dillen

New owner of a IOTAVX AVX17...

Can not get level of LFE channel 10db+ louder then bass mgm that is redirected to the sub, when measure with REW and UMIK2. Any one else calibrated their levels with success?

rccarguy

wner of a IOTAVX AVX17...

Can not get level of LFE channel 10db+ louder then bass mgm that is redirected to the sub, when measure with REW and UMIK2. Any one else calibrated their levels with success?

I calibrated my speakers to 80 subs to 82 to keep the range withing the middle with 75db, subs wee at -10db

Dillen

I calibrated my speakers to 80 subs to 82 to keep the range withing the middle with 75db, subs wee at -10db
Yes but LFE content should be 10db+ over redirected bass.
My Denon pre pro DN500 measures 10db+ but my new IOTA only 5.5 dB something.

Everett T

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Are you confusing content being .lfe 10db hotter with calibration level of the sub? The sub should be calibrated the same spl level as the speakers. People will bump the channel level a little hotter, not 10db hotter though.

rccarguy

You shouldn't calibrated speakers to 75 and sub to 85 that's way too high.

AVr bass management already does the compensation anyway.

Dillen

Correct me if i'm wrong, let's say I run REW sweeps at -30dB from my computer for all channels the LFE channel would read 10dB above L,C,R... channels from the subwoofer?

Everett T

Forum Donor
Correct me if i'm wrong, let's say I run REW sweeps at -30dB from my computer for all channels the LFE channel would read 10dB above L,C,R... channels from the subwoofer?
No, the 10db is in .Life track not you your calibrated sub level, which is the same as all of your other speakers. Many will bump the sub level up a bit, but not 10dbs.

Dillen

Trying to figure out why the ratio between my Denon and IOTA differs, maybe this can explain better what i mean:
IOTAVX AVX17.jpg

Left/right set to small and xover @ 80hz
Pink: LFE
Black: left with only sub on
Blue: left without sub
Green: left+sub both on

The ratio is 5db between LFE and main speakers without running subs hot (With Denon this ratio is 10db)
LFE level can not be set independently from subwoofer level.
Same master volume output for all graphs (manually calibrated levels with IOTAVX AVX17, PCM 7.1 input from pc) and measured with REW using Umik2 with calibration file for 90°at listening position.
Subs are equalized with DSP in power amp, no eq on mains yet.

rccarguy

Trying to figure out why the ratio between my Denon and IOTA differs, maybe this can explain better what i mean:
View attachment 256581
Left/right set to small and xover @ 80hz
Pink: LFE
Black: left with only sub on
Blue: left without sub
Green: left+sub both on

The ratio is 5db between LFE and main speakers without running subs hot (With Denon this ratio is 10db)
LFE level can not be set independently from subwoofer level.
Same master volume output for all graphs (manually calibrated levels with IOTAVX AVX17, PCM 7.1 input from pc) and measured with REW using Umik2 with calibration file for 90°at listening position.
Subs are equalized with DSP in power amp, no eq on mains yet.

I noticed there is a difference in levels in subs from the HDMI PCM with REW, and for other sources. ie if I manually adjust levels 75dB to all using built in tones, then switch to REW, and do a spl check with the built in generator and onscreen db meter, subs are much louder than the other speakers.

Dillen

I noticed there is a difference in levels in subs from the HDMI PCM with REW, and for other sources. ie if I manually adjust levels 75dB to all using built in tones, then switch to REW, and do a spl check with the built in generator and onscreen db meter, subs are much louder than the other speakers.
If you run the other speakers as small and unplug them and just compare LFE track against the other speakers bass management in REW what level difference do you get?
Do you run the latest Software Update: Version 4.03.0313 ?

rccarguy

If you run the other speakers as small and unplug them and just compare LFE track against the other speakers bass management in REW what level difference do you get?

I'm using a AT-300 which is basically the same unit.

I'll try comparing actual db difference

Everett T

Forum Donor
If you ran both product's room correction you will get two different results. Without knowing the controls and before and after measurements for each, it's not easy to explain but it has nothing to do with the .lfe channel level during playback.

Dillen

If you ran both product's room correction you will get two different results. Without knowing the controls and before and after measurements for each, it's not easy to explain but it has nothing to do with the .lfe channel level during playback.
Even if corrected or not i believed that independently in each system the .LFE track would get a boost of 10db over sublevel from bass magaged channels in each system by the processor when fed same input signal level.

Everett T

Forum Donor
Even if corrected or not i believed that independently in each system the .LFE track would get a boost of 10db over sublevel from bass magaged channels in each system by the processor when fed same input signal level.
Well you're free to believe whatever you like, but I've explained that is not the case. All channel levels are supposed to be the same, which is 85db if you're using the reference spec.

Top Bottom