• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New driver software for Topping DACs

OP
W

WilliamF

Didn't see one.
Downloaded the package. Only new file seems to be the driver install exe. Will wait for more information before installing.

MattH5

Hmm. Well I just uninstalled the drivers and went back to the standard Windows drivers. Works fine, can't tell a difference, except I have less crap installed :)

bambadoo

But why isn´t listed initially?
BTW: Have a dx7s but with the latest official driver

Version: V4.14.0

EDIT: Sorry. Just mixed driver with firmware.
Unable to find an updated firmware for these devices.
Running linux so I dont need this :)

Last edited:

highpurityusbcable

Anyone who is less patient tried to install this yet? Does it at least not break anything?
upd. It seems like everything is fine. Soundstage has expanded as expected.

Last edited:

mash

I installed it for my D90 and it does not seem to break anything. I've tried it with Roon bridge (WASAPI), Tidal direct with MQA pass through / Exclusive and normal computer USB output for Youtube and Spotify. I still have some problems switching back and forth between Roon and Spotify (sometimes I have to reset the Windows audio driver when switching from Roon WASAPI to Spotify), but that seems more like a Spotify issue (Youtube doesn't have any issues with this) and I had the same issue on the older driver.

Blizz

:facepalm: I installed the v4.86 driver two days before v5 release lol. Anyways a changelog would be appreciated.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The one thing I have noticed about Topping drivers is Foobar WASAPI exclusive needs them to work in the event mode. Not big deal since the WASAPI shared mode is not the default.

I suspect Topping has gone to a unified driver approach where new releases support new products, except for the D30. It might mot make any difference with older products.

scottgar

Forum Donor
Definitely updates the Windows device driver. Works fine on my Windows 10 x64 box. Don't see any obvious difference; but, maybe some bug fixes?

cheungtsw

Wondering how to adjust the left/right balance.
On v5.0 driver, there is no such option. I am not sure if older version of the driver has it as I not needed it back then.

Thanks.

Thalis

Wondering how to adjust the left/right balance.
On v5.0 driver, there is no such option. I am not sure if older version of the driver has it as I not needed it back then.

Thanks.

I think its better if you have something like Peace/EQ APO and set the gain for each channel

cheungtsw

I think its better if you have something like Peace/EQ APO and set the gain for each channel

I dont want to install any additional software.
Even my el cheapo onboard realtek have left/right balance. why the Topping driver not have this lol.

Top Bottom