• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AMP + DAC for HifiMan Sundara

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I think it is a great good idea to create a new tread for this topic.
I guess other music lovers have the same issue.
A new thread for UAPP EQ pricing or the using another EQ with UAPP?

I dont think either is a good idea. For pricing you need to speak to Google or the UAPP dev (they have an active forum) . For using another eq- its just not possible to control the dac with UAPP AND have external EQ as well (EDIT for clarity- EQ external to UAPP but still within the android phone. It is of course possible to have eq applied downstream from the phone)

Last edited:

Theodore8

Forum Donor
Thank you :)
No worries. At $11 and free shipping, the TRS adapter cable is a low cost to try. Several other users report success with similar situations as yours.

OP
O

Ole_S

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thank you very much.
But the BTR7 can do the same, right?

Or is the 5K better than BTR7?
They both have bluetooth.

But 5K is better for EQ.
BTR7 looks the better performer but roughly double the price. I cant speak as to functionality for BTR7 as never used but does have PEQ apparently. The 5k is a easy to use device, looks a bitsmaller so could take it fully mobile clipped to jeans/ shirt (think large eraser size)

OP
O

Ole_S

BTR7 looks the better performer but roughly double the price. I cant speak as to functionality for BTR7 as never used but does have PEQ apparently. The 5k is a easy to use device, looks a bitsmaller so could take it fully mobile clipped to jeans/ shirt (think large eraser size)
Thanks.
Or maybe the Topping G5?

Then I have a complete Topping setup:

L50 + E50
Topping G5

I need the possibility to change the EQ on E50.
Therefore, I have to go to these changes with USB Audio Player Pro on my phone. Right?

OP
O

Ole_S

Now I have the Parametric EQ for UPS Audio Player Pro.

Hopefully I have done it right? :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230527_155742.jpg
    Screenshot_20230527_155742.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Hifiman Sundara (2020 revised earpads).pdf
    406.1 KB · Views: 44

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Edit no you haven't. I'll get back to you in the morning, on phone at the minute so hard to type a lengthy post

Last edited:
OP
O

Ole_S

Edit no you haven't. I'll get back to you in the morning, on phone at the minute so hard to type a lengthy post
Thank you.
You're very helpful. :)

Looking forward hearing from you.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

OK- lets make things easy and refer to Columns. Luckily the order of the data is in the same order in both. Column 1 is filter type then moving right. You can ignore the right hand column on the pdf

First thing to correct- you havent used all the filter types. Analog bell on uapp is the same as "peak" on the pdf but there are also high and low shelf filters on the pdf. See screenshot below- you need to select from the drop down menu
Screenshot_20230528-080915.jpg

Second problem- column 3 uapp , some of the values in the pdf are negative (ie reduction in volume for that freq)- yours are all positive. You need to type the "-" before the value. You have also used the values from column 4 on pdf , should be column 3 "gain"

Next- column 4 uapp- should be value from column 4 pdf "Q value"

Finally- I think - you are using the 6 band equalizer for a 7 band EQ profile per pdf. Select 3 dots top right of uapp window and select 10 band. Do this first as it doesnt copy over 6 band settings into new 10 band profile.

Dont forget to save (3 dots again, save profile, new (or overwrite existing of course)

All of these filters can be adjusted to taste of course but Oratory helpfully makes some suggestions on the pdf as to what is best to change to get what impact on sound.

Good luck!

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh, and you either need to reduce the output level (little green box top left) by the amount shown as preamp in pdf and /or switch on auto gain. Again in the 3 dot menu.

OP
O

Ole_S

OK- lets make things easy and refer to Columns. Luckily the order of the data is in the same order in both. Column 1 is filter type then moving right. You can ignore the right hand column on the pdf

First thing to correct- you havent used all the filter types. Analog bell on uapp is the same as "peak" on the pdf but there are also high and low shelf filters on the pdf. See screenshot below- you need to select from the drop down menu View attachment 288725

Second problem- column 3 uapp , some of the values in the pdf are negative (ie reduction in volume for that freq)- yours are all positive. You need to type the "-" before the value. You have also used the values from column 4 on pdf , should be column 3 "gain"

Next- column 4 uapp- should be value from column 4 pdf "Q value"

Finally- I think - you are using the 6 band equalizer for a 7 band EQ profile per pdf. Select 3 dots top right of uapp window and select 10 band. Do this first as it doesnt copy over 6 band settings into new 10 band profile.

Dont forget to save (3 dots again, save profile, new (or overwrite existing of course)

All of these filters can be adjusted to taste of course but Oratory helpfully makes some suggestions on the pdf as to what is best to change to get what impact on sound.

Good luck!
Hi,

Thank you so much!
Please look at this new setting.

Is it not possible to show all 10 band profile on the graph?

Is it correct?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230528_110719.jpg
    Screenshot_20230528_110719.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
OP
O

Ole_S

What does BW stands for?
I have not made any changes there.

I have only changed Gain + Q factor + output level.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
What does BW stands for?
I have not made any changes there.

I have only changed Gain + Q factor + output level.
Different way of defining the slope of the curve than Q factor. Some EQ software uses BW measures- they are the same impact.

Set up a new EQ profile on the 6 band and play about with the different filter types, Q factors and gain to get a visual idea of what each parameter does on the graph

OP
O

Ole_S

Different way of defining the slope of the curve than Q factor. Some EQ software uses BW measures- they are the same impact.

Set up a new EQ profile on the 6 band and play about with the different filter types, Q factors and gain to get a visual idea of what each parameter does on the graph
But if I create a new profile with 6 bands, I will miss the last setting of 13.000 Hz?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
But if I create a new profile with 6 bands, I will miss the last setting of 13.000 Hz?
Not what I meant. Just a whole new eq profile to test and see the filters when you change the parameters . Keep your 7 band Sundara one saved . Name the new one "test" or whatever. It doesnt need to sound right, just let you see and hear what changing a gain value or Q factor does to the sound. Educating ones ear to "hear" what you see on the graph/ chart a bit.

OP
O

Ole_S

I am just curious:

What about iFi Audio Zen + HifiMan Sundara.
Is it a bad match? Or maybe there is just better setup for Sundara? :)
I am just curious:

What about iFi Audio Zen + HifiMan Sundara.
Is it a bad match? Or maybe there is just better setup for Sundara? :)
Hi guys,

Any thoughts on this setup:

IFI Audio Zen Can Signature HFM + Sundara? :)

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2023-05-27 kl. 14.13.08.png
    Skærmbillede 2023-05-27 kl. 14.13.08.png
    316.5 KB · Views: 48
Top Bottom