• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I *think* my Topping DAC is failing - any suggestions?

Loathecliff

Ever since their online 'rep'/promotor here (John was it?) went silent over that perfect 'balanced flue' amp that was initially numero uno, I decided to avoid Topping products.
I sent the guy the politest of emails. That was ignored too. The final straw.
How not to do business in the west.

paudio

It's always interesting to identify what failed. Most of the time it seems to be electrolytic capacitors. Usually cheap ones. Especially when people leave stuff in standby or on all the time. Good quality capacitors seem to last a heck of a lot longer.

Haven't seen too many Topping available on eBay broken yet to buy.

Henryk

JDS labs is awesome if just for the fact that jseaber tends to answer support questions in no time! Really feel like they truly care about their customers :)

If I may put in my two cents.

I've own a JDS Labs product, and John Seaber (owner?) has given me the best pre and post-purchase customer support I've ever experienced.
Cannot recommend the company highly enough. You can buy with complete confidence and peace of mind.

Top Bottom