• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AMP + DAC for HifiMan Sundara

StonyStrain

I bought Fiio Q11 for like 100 USD and am extremely happy with it. I'm using balanced cable atm and very rarely do I have to go past 2 o'clock on the volume knob.

Hi guys,

Any thoughts on this setup:

IFI Audio Zen Can Signature HFM + Sundara? :)

I personally don't use EQ because I prefer to listen to all the unique quirks and flavors each gear brings to the table, but hey, more power to you if you like it.

bruh

I think the built in one is the ToneBoosters one. You have to pay a small amount to use it. I haven't used USBAPP for a while though.
neutron is peak for eq and audiophile level wuality. its super good. i got it for like 5 euro with unlimited best parametric eq and everything. neutron is king

Zardozz

Any inputs regarding this match?
IFI Audio Zen Can Signature HFM + Sundara? :)

You don't mention which DAC. The Zen Can will sound good. The value at that price is debatable. But the bass button is possibly wonderful. Depends who you are. That other guy thought you're stupid for even mentioning it. He's probably not aware that with headphone playback, bass is often thick or thin on a track by track basis! Having a simple button to pop gives this amp a convenience and real life enjoyment factor that makes it knock on the door of amps whose specs on paper look better.

But yeah that amp is supposedly custom matched to HFM and you can bet with the most popular HFM headphone in mind (which is Sundara.)

It will sound plenty good.

Edit: I realized this comment doesn't apply to someone who wants a small light portable setup:
BUT for only 100 euros more you could probably get a used amp that mops the floor, cleans the clock, and takes out the trash on that amp, for sound quality. Just being honest.
For example I got a used Flux FA-10 for just a little more, and believe me when I say it... I don't miss the Zen Can. Doesn't need to be a FA-10 btw, just ask around for a short list of best $500 to $900 amps, then look on the used market for one that pops up at a great deal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom