• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Neumann KH120 II

teashea

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I just believe the Neumann audio engineers.

mj30250

I just believe the Neumann audio engineers.
How much of your belief actually originates from the engineers and how much was mixed in by Marketing? We will likely never know. But either way, where has a Neumann engineer ever claimed that these speakers should not be used or are not well suited to applications outside of studio monitoring?

Ultimately, the objective performance of the current KH line speaks for itself. From that perspective, there is nothing holding these back from performing extremely well for general use in a typical domestic environment, provided you select the proper model for your SPL and bass requirements.

HQY

now im wondering if i should add another 750 to the system.
just to share with whom is interested - i got neumann's advice that one 750 fits a pair of 120iis in terms of spl.

Gram

neumann.png

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

phile2

Hi,
I just saw this thread about a derivative of KH150 => I went thru the pics of the 1st post => I saw : spdif coax digital in/out plugs.

Is it the final version of this speaker to be released on the market ?
if so, I've got the same question I posted on the KH150 thread => why Neumann guys keep on putting basic spdif coax connections on their speakers ?
behind this type of connection, you've got a poor clock recovery, thus, poor SQ !
Poor vs you'd get just using AES3 plugs (and all the IC dedicated stuff behind) !

This plugs (digital coax), shows that Neumann guys are jerks about digital audio.
Just an advice to them => do tests/trial etc on digital audio (aes vs coax ; the effect on SQ from the device upstr, and so on...)

very weird that "new" product.. boo !

unpluggged

This plugs (digital coax), shows that Neumann guys are jerks about digital audio.

Just stop it, please. I've already explained why this is simply wrong in the other thread. And your language clearly shows us that it's not the Neumann engineers who are jerks.

ReDFoX

behind this type of connection, you've got a poor clock recovery, thus, poor SQ !
I own a pair of KH80s, which do internal A-D-A conversion with less than SOTA components (I bet their internals would get postman panther from SINAD cult members), but I don't care. What's really matter is what comes out of the assembled speaker, not just pure DAC/amp performance and the vast majority literally don't care about their jitter being -90dB instead of -110, let alone the audibility of this kinds of distortion in speakers

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
if so, I've got the same question I posted on the KH150 thread => why Neumann guys keep on putting basic spdif coax connections on their speakers ?
Poor vs you'd get just using AES3 plugs (and all the IC dedicated stuff behind) !
This claim is plain wrong, as explained in the other thread. The only physical difference between SPDIF and AES/EBU is voltage level and unbalanced/balanced connection.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Asked for criteria, none are given: this settles the dispute; instead, following more or less the same scheme since the user had joined the forum, strong, unsupported opinions are presented as “believing Neumann.” Please give this thread free, it withers.
Yep. I think this behaviour together with his often shown pics of his room with multiple Neumann speakers should earn him a new "Advertizer" tag.

dfuller

Major Contributor
Yep. I think this behaviour together with his often shown pics of his room with multiple Neumann speakers should earn him a new "Advertizer" tag.
an untreated studio with tile floor, no less, with the console smack in the center of the room.

teashea

Addicted to Fun and Learning
an untreated studio with tile floor, no less, with the console smack in the center of the room.
There is extensive acoustic treatment. The walls are all protrietary acoustic panels, custom built.

Dharmaone

So is anybody rocking KH 120 II with KH-750? How happy are you? Also - white or grey? :)

Infinit0

So is anybody rocking KH 120 II with KH-750? How happy are you? Also - white or grey? :)
If Kh750 would come in white I would say white, but thats not the case, so .. gray.
I am almost very close to buy that combo but I cannot decide between that or Genelec 8330 + 7350, or Genelec the Ones (8331)

HQY

i'm using 750/120ii and happy with them. white or grey? i would prefer grey. :)

Top Bottom