• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Neumann KH120 II

IamJF

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The KH120ii sound better as KH120. They use a better lowmid driver, mids are more clear. They have a better soundstage and can deliver more lowend.
Not sure how much is left after a calibration with KH750 ... for sure the cleaner midrange. Is it enough to swap and pay the price ... no one tested up to now as far as I know.

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Happy KH120ii owner after 6 months of use for both music listening and mixing/mastering of vocal dialogue with music in my studio - they definitely go deep enough for my needs!
You don't miss the bass on EDM?

vamp

You don't miss the bass on EDM?
I am actually very surprised how little the KH750 is used in music after MA1 calibration.(listening to aphex twin, daft punk) Especially at low volume. Default crossover is super high, I could hear male voices (frequencies) when kh120II failed to wake up. What sub does actually is makes the mids of 120II more clean, unloading the 120II's drivers.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I am actually very surprised how little the KH750 is used in music after MA1 calibration.(listening to aphex twin, daft punk) Especially at low volume. Default crossover is super high, I could hear male voices (frequencies) when kh120II failed to wake up. What sub does actually is makes the mids of 120II more clean, unloading the 120II's drivers.
This is normal.

Top Bottom