• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need your help to identify these vintage floorstanding speakers !

Albema

Hello everyone !
First thread here, I hope I'm creating it the right way ! (... And I'm french furthermore, sorry for my non-perfect english !)

So i rented a house last week, in which were 2 vintage floorstanding speakers, without any reference (except an unknow logo at the front)
I did some researchs but I'm unable to find what they are.
I also find the design pretty strange : one tweeter at the top, Another one at the bottom : I've never seen such a design...

Based on these 2 photos, maybe someone will be able to identify them ?
The landlord was unable to give me any information..

I did not have the opportunity to test it a lot, but the sound was pretty nice. The bass was very shy, maybe due to their age and non-mint condition

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Attachments

• IMG_20230808_202900.jpg
    IMG_20230808_202900.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_20230808_203104.jpg
    IMG_20230808_203104.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 197

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No luck on Google lens image search for either. Looks like a B H in the logo (or other way around). Have you opened the back to see if there's more information? Usually there's some kind of manufacturer tag inside.

OP
A

Albema

Thanks for your answer !
I feel really stupid now... I searched for "HB speakers", but I didn't searched for "BH speakers"...
In this order I found the reference : these are the Bruno Henry BH200.
Very few informations on the internet, it seems to be a very confidential french manufacturer, not very clear if he is still active.

I'm concerned by the design tho : what are the advantages of putting 2 tweeters in this configuration ? Doesnt that create some issues, Like phase issues ?

sigbergaudio

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
@Albema Probably no advantages. I suspect measurements of these speakers will look ..interesting. :)

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm concerned by the design tho : what are the advantages of putting 2 tweeters in this configuration ? Doesnt that create some issues, Like phase issues ?
It might lead to audible cancellation and/or peaks.

Top Bottom